| 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 |

warning; sickness. loss of appetite. isabella being a bitch. some agression

you found yourself standing alone in the kitchen, bathed in the sad, grey, morning light that streamed through the windows

you found yourself standing alone in the kitchen, bathed in the sad, grey, morning light that streamed through the windows. you were sick, very sick, but that didn't stop you from getting up early. the silence enveloped the room, broken only by the rhythmic sizzle of the pancake batter hitting the hot buttered pan. the aroma of freshly cooked pancakes began to fill the air, a comforting scent that once brought joy to both you, and onceler.

as you stood there, flipping the pancakes with a gentle grace, you couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness deep within. what happened yesterday and the memories of happier mornings flooded your mind, where onceler would be the one standing in this very spot, in the cottage, a vibrant smile on his face as he skillfully crafted a breakfast feast for you, the lorax and the barbaloots.

but now, the roles had reversed. the once vibrant spirit that infused your mornings had dimmed, and you found yourself taking on the role of the caretaker, creating a small comfort in the form of pancakes. it was a bittersweet reminder of how things had changed, how the dynamics had shifted.

your own hunger gnawed at your stomach, a reminder that you too needed to eat. but the thought of preparing a meal for yourself felt like an impossible task. the pancakes sizzled and turned a golden brown, a tempting invitation to indulge, yet your appetite seemed distant and forgotten.

the pancakes, plated and stacked high, stood before you, a delicate tower of golden goodness. but as you stared at the stack, your mind wandered to a time when you both would share these moments together, laughing and savoring the simple pleasures of life.

a heavy sigh escaped your lips as you reached for a plate, placing a single pancake upon it. The once warm and inviting gesture now felt hollow, a reminder of the void that had crept into your shared existence.

as you took a reluctant bite, the flavors danced on your tongue, momentarily distracting you from the emptiness that lingered within. the sweetness of the syrup mingled with the soft texture of the pancake, obviously, oncelers pancakes were still way better than yours.

you sat alone at the kitchen table. the empty chair opposite you served as a constant reminder of his absence, a void that seemed impossible to fill. the silence enveloped you once again. the pancake infront of you wasn't being touched anymore, all your appetite was gone.

"y/n?" startled by someones sudden presence, you turned towards the sound of their voice, your eyes meeting oncelers familiar gaze. he was wearing that same, green tailcoat. he stood there, a figure of both familiarity and distance, his presence bringing a mixture of comfort and unease.

"oh, hey," you replied, your voice soft and tinged with a hint of melancholy. you averted your gaze, returning your attention to the plate of pancakes before you. 

a nervous chuckle escaped his lips as he spoke, his voice laced with cockiness. "you made pancakes, huh? that's new," he remarked, his eyes flickering between you and the stack of pancakes on the plate. there was an air of unfamiliarity to the situation, as if you both were tiptoeing around the elephant in the room.