| 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 |

a portion of this chapter is inspired by another story i read on ao3. i literally cant find it so if you guys recognize anything and know what im talking abt let me know

warning; relapse, self harm (cutting), manipulation, depressive thoughts, mentions of smoking.

he's doing it again.

the days began to blur together as onceler grew more distant. he hardly spoke to you, except for a few half-hearted "love you"s that didn't feel genuine. he was always busy, either on calls, attending meetings, or away in different cities. you felt incredibly alone, longing for his attention and a chance to talk, but he was always preoccupied.

meanwhile, outside, it looked horrible, mirroring the chaos in your mind. the weight of responsibilities and uncertainties bore down on you, even though you had no control over onceler's business ventures.

stress became a constant companion, adding to your worries and creating a sense of unease. it felt as if you were fading into the background while the world continued to whirl around you.

you've been trying really hard to resist the urge to relapse, but your mind kept playing tricks on you. it made you believe that onceler no longer loved you and that life had lost its meaning. everything felt heavy and lonely, especially because he seemed distant and always busy with work.

you found yourself sitting alone in the dimly lit bedroom the soft glow of the lamp casting shadows across the walls. onceler entered the room, his footsteps light, and you couldn't help but notice the distance in his eyes. he didn't look at you once.

desperate for connection, you mustered the courage to break the suffocating silence that hung between you. "onceler, can we talk?" your voice wavered, betraying the vulnerability that consumed you. yet, as if trapped in his own world, he continued on his path, sitting on his chair where his desk was, his actions indicating a disregard for your words. the disappointment washed over you, engulfing your spirit in a wave of sadness.

tears welled up in your eyes. the sting of unspoken words and ignored pleas clawed at your heart. it was as if you had become invisible in your own home, your presence fading into the background of his bustling life. the ache of loneliness settled deep within you.

in a trembling voice, you whispered to him, almost hesitantly, "can you talk to me..?" the question escaped your lips, carrying with it the weight of countless nights spent yearning for the warmth of his embrace and the reassurance of his love. it hung in the air, a vulnerable plea for acknowledgement and validation.

with a sigh, onceler's voice filled the room, laden with a mix of frustration and weariness. "you know," he began, his voice laced with an anguished tone, "i've built this company from scratch, pouring my heart and soul into it. every thneed that's made, every sale made—it's all for us, for our future."

his words hung in the air, a painful reminder of the growing divide between you. you mustered the strength to speak up, your voice trembling with a mix of hurt and desperation. "but what about us, onceler? what about our relationship, our love? it feels like you're slipping away, like you're using your success as an excuse to distance yourself from me."