| 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞, 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 |

sitting on the balcony, you gazed out at the bleak view

sitting on the balcony, you gazed out at the bleak view. the absence of trees pained you deeply. it had been weeks since you last saw the lorax, and you wondered what he was up to. dread filled your thoughts, overshadowing any sense of hope.

as the door creaked open behind you, you turned your head to behold the sight of onceler entering the room. he tossed his glasses casually onto the desk and settled himself into the chair, his eyes fixated on the mini thneedville before him. a small smile adorned his face.

in that tranquil moment, a soft voice broke the silence, seemingly materializing by your side. "so, how are things?" the words hung in the air, carrying an air of genuine concern and curiosity.

with a graceful swivel of his chair, onceler turned to face the voice, only to find the lorax sitting there, his presence both unexpected and unsettling. the lines of frustration etched themselves across onceler's brow as he questioned the lorax's presence. "what are you doing here?" he asked, a tinge of anger coloring his tone.

the lorax turned around slowly, his eyes heavy with a mix of weariness and disappointment. "happy yet?" he retorted, his voice laced with a hint of sorrow. "you fill that hole deep down inside you..? or do you still need more?" he shook his head, a solemn gesture that mirrored the weight of his words.

onceler, feeling the rising tension, couldn't contain his frustration any longer. he stood up abruptly, his hands gesturing wildly in the air. "look," he exclaimed, his voice filled with both defiance and a plea for understanding. "if you got a problem.. with what im doing, why haven't you used your...," he paused, using his fingers to form quotation marks, "...quote-unquote powers to stop me?"

the lorax, his eyes filled with a mixture of sadness and understanding, lowered his gaze and sighed. "i told you, that's not how it works," he confessed, his voice tinged with a hint of resignation.

onceler, unable to contain his frustration, closed the distance between them, his voice edged with accusation. "right... i forgot," he retorted, his finger pointed sharply at the lorax. "you're a fraud!"

you sat there, unsure of what to do or say, caught between the weight of their words. without warning, you rose from your seat, compelled to intervene and bridge the widening divide. however, before you could utter a word, onceler's voice boomed, drowning out your attempts to calm things down. "i need you to get out. now!" he pointed towards the stairs, his gesture carrying a mix of command and desperation.

the lorax, unfazed by onceler's outburst, leaped from the balcony railing, landing on the floor below. he raised an eyebrow, his words laced with a painful truth. "why? do i make you uncomfortable? remind you of the promises you made? the man you used to be?"

the impact of his words reverberated in the room, lingering like a bitter aftertaste. "well-" you got cut off, onceler unleashed his frustration, yelling at the lorax with a raw intensity. "you know what? you can just... shut your mustache!" his fingers formed a gesture of silence as he positioned himself in front of the lorax, his pointing finger guiding him towards the staircase. you reached out, attempting to pull onceler back, pleading for him to calm down. "onceler, calm down!"