Chapter 14

Savannah's POV

With the resort in mind to look after myself, I decide to visit mom and dad first and settle things with them.

I'm parked in the mansion's driveway. I take a deep breath and step out, the fresh air hits my face and it relaxes me instantly.

I walk inside because the door is not locked.
"Mom"? I yell from where I am making my way to the kitchen.

I know she'd be there if she's not in the living room.

"In here honey" she answers from the kitchen, and boy was I right about her being in the kitchen.

I step in the kitchen and see her busy with cooking and I just move closer and give her a hug from behind.

"I miss you mom" I say my voice muffled

"Me too baby, how are you"? She responds without looking back.

"I dunno, I guess I'm fine" my voice coming out a quivering, standing here with her I regret ever wanting to even take my own life.

It would have been the biggest mistake of my life, i really do miss her and it took Alex leaving, Tony's words and these past two weeks to realize how far I've been from her and this place I've come to know as my home.

I sniffle to contain my tears and she hears it and turns her body so she's facing me completely, her hands on my shoulder.

"Baby, what happened? Why are you crying"? She asks looking at me with concern.

I quickly wipe the tears with the back of my hand and look at her with a sad smile "I'm fine mom, nothing happened I just miss you soo much"

"Me too honey" she hugs me.

I break the hug and ask about Samuel, which she told me he's fine.
He's currently in college and barely comes home reason why I don't get to see much of him.

The door to the back opens and in walks Dad and Tony, for a split second I see Surprise in his eyes but it disappears quickly and in it's place is anger and i know why.

"Hi Dad" I greet dad and look to Tony "Hey Tee"

"Honey, how are you" dad answers giving me a brief hug and I just nod to indicate I'm fine.

"Hey Anna" he hastily replies without looking at me "mom I have to be on my way now"

"What? aren't you staying for dinner? It's almost ready" she says disappointed.

I'm more disappointed at this moment, I know he suddenly wants to leave because of me and I don't blame him, I mean I tried to kill his child because of my selfishness.

"No something came up and I have to be there" he pecks her cheek "I love you, I'll see you tomorrow"

With that he walks out without sparing me a glance and I can see mom's worried look on me from my peripheral vision.

The rest of the evening pass by in a blur and I'm currently in the kitchen trying to do the dishes when I hear footsteps, I look back and see it's mom.

"Honey are you sure you're okay"? she asks with a concerned look.

I know what she's asking about and I can't let her know why he's mad at me at least not yet.

I sigh and answer her "I'm fine mom and yes the baby's fine" I reply with a playful glint.

"You know I know the baby's fine and that's not what I'm asking you right now, did something happen with you and Tony"? And there goes my plan of avoiding talking to her about it.