Chapter 27

Savannah's POV

I feel Tony go stiff beside me, I look at the man before me and he looks different, still as handsome as before or even more than.

But his eyes, they tell a different story, he's dressed in a black jacket and a jean and white tank top.

His brown eyes dull, his smile as usual making my heart beat fast, his hair longer than it was before he left.

I don't know what I'm thinking but I flung myself into his arms as I hug him tears threatening to spill.

His hands circle around my body as his laughter rumbles through his chest and gives me goosebumps.

"As much as I like this position, we should go in" he says making me break the hug.

He steps in and Tony surprises both of us and give him a hug, no matter what he's still family

"I miss you little brother" he says lowly.

We all go in and immediately mom sees him, her hands fly to cover her mouth, I don't see Rhys in her hands anymore, I guess he fell asleep.

Mom runs towards us and gives him a bone crushing hug "oh God my baby, I missed you so much" she says her voice trembling.

"I miss you too Mom"

Dad walks over to us and gives him a hug too "Son" he says curtly.

"Dad" he replies a tight lipped smile.

I roll my eyes at both of them, men and trying to hide their emotions, I know Dad missed him too

We all walk to the living room and sit down, Rhys is definitely asleep in his room, yes Mom and Dad decorated a room specially for him.

"When did you get back"? mom asks breaking the silence.

"About an hour ago, I stopped by my apartment to drop my stuff before coming here" he says

He looks around the room as if searching for something and when he doesn't find it he speak up "where is he? Rhys am I right"? He asks

I just gave him a smile and nod my head "he's asleep upstairs, you wanna meet him"? I ask getting up ready to show him Rhys's room.

He nods and follows me upstairs. We get to Rhys's room and I go in with Alex behind me.

I stop in front of his cot and look at my sleeping little prince and I can't help but smile.

"He looks just like you" he says looking at Rhys then me

I smile and nod, the room goes silent and there's a lot I want to say but I just hold it in.

It's been a year and I don't know if this Alex is the same as the one that left a year ago.

"Savvy how are you doing"? He asks shocking me as he stands close to me.

"I'm fine Alex" I reply as if letting him know that even know he left me, I was able to live without him for a year, I miss him but I can't excuse the fact that he just left without thinking about my mental health

"I'm sorry" he say and I just look at him "I shouldn't have left like that but you know it had to be done, I had to leave for both of our sakes"

I just nod not really wanting to talk much "How long are you staying for"? I ask the one question that has been on my mind ever since I saw him.

"I'm not leaving again, I'm back for good" he replies looking at me as if waiting for a reaction of some sort.

I just nod and turn around to leave the room and he follows behind me