Chapter 21

Savannah's POV

It's finally here, the day I'm supposed to testify against Allan.

I'm standing in front of the vanity mirror looking at myself, ever since my bump started getting visible this will be the first time I'll be going public, although the trial is a closed door trial there's bound to be one or two reporters.

I hope what I'm wearing conceals my baby bump enough to fool the reporters. I'm putting on one of Tony's oversized shirts that covers most part of my body down to my knee with one of my joggers.

Although I can feel and see my bump but it's only because I know I'm pregnant, to someone who doesn't know, they'd never notice.

I'm still standing there looking at myself and trying not to freak out when the door opens to reveal Tony, he's dressed in a shirt similar to what I'm wearing, only it's not oversized for him, it fits perfectly well, with blue ripped jean.

"Are you okay"? He asks walking over to me

I nod and sigh "yeah just nervous I guess" I look up at him with a small smile.

"You're gonna be okay, remember I'll be there with you and if at any point you feel uncomfortable, let me know" he say tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I nod at him, my nerves easing themselves.
I breath in and out before telling him we could leave.

The trial starts in an hour and I didn't want to be late.

We're outside the court house, actually we're using the back entry so as to avoid the media by all means.

My nerves are eating at me but Tony just wraps his hand around mine and squeeze gently to let know he is here.

He'll look after me, everything will be fine. I chant those words in my head while breathing in and out before we both walk inside.

We get to the courtroom and I spot the family lawyer Chris waiting for us at the corner of the room, he looks up and sees us.

Walking towards us he smiles "Hey there Savannah, how are you doing"?

I just press my lips together nodding my head "I'm fine"

"Hey man" he offers his hands to Tony for a shake, my eyes scan the room once more and I see another lawyer standing just looking at his watch at intervals, I can tell he's Allan's lawyer.

Allan is nowhere here but I'm sure he'd soon be brought in
Tony told me this will be the final trial that will determine if Allan goes to jail he walks out of this courtroom a free man.

________________________________________________

"The jury finds Mr Allan guilty of molestation on minors, attempted murder and kidnap, and he is hereby sentenced to 20 years in prison with no chance of a parole until he's done his time" the judge concludes the end of the Trial.

I release a breath I didn't know I was holding, I finally get my justice, Tony pulls me close to him as he kisses the top of my head.

I can feel how happy and relieved he is.
Chris walks up to us as we stand up from our seats "you did good Anna" he says giving me a Curt smile.

I just nod and smile at him, I feel exhausted already, my feet hurt from standing too much.

He shakes Tony and tells him they'll talk later, he walks out with us trailing behind him.

"I'm proud of you kiddo" Tony says pulling me so my side is pressed against his as he rubs my arm

I look up at him and smile as we walk out of the courtroom and to his car.