the funeral

It was saturday morning and today was heathers funeral. I was chosen to write her eulogy which I spent the whole of last night trying to perfect . I looked myself over in my full length mirror. I had on a black dress that exposed some of my thighs and hugged my body nicely. It had embroidery at the back  and a split at the side, also I wore some spike black heels about 7 inches tall and some nude lipgloss. My hair was straightened and put in a pony tail fastened with a black hair tie and on my wrist there laid a simple silver friendship bracelet given to me by heather.

Satisfied, I ran down the stairs since we were already late and jacob was driving. There sitting or rather waiting for me was jacob.
"Finally!" He called out when he caught sight of me. I rolled my eyes then he got up showing his full outfit which was a white shirt with the first button open (the rest buttoned)  and a pair of black suit pants which fit perfectly.  To me he looked great but the girls would still run him down even if he was in a garbage bag. What could I say, he was one with the ladies.

"You look great!"he commented
"Thanks" I barely made out. Today was not a good day for me, seeing I was still hung up about what happened at the hospital a week ago.

Flashback
I walked into nicks room and what I saw was........disgustingly heart wrenching. There having a make out session was nick and.......angel. my eyes were on fire and I wanted to gut her for taking advantage of nicks memory  loss how disgusting! The coffee holder I had in my hands fell onto the floor and I froze, but just for about 5 damn seconds before I acted on pure anger.
I stormed over there and yanked angel over to where I was standing by her long brown hair. Angel yelped.
"Christina what the hell!" Nick shouted angrily but I didn't care about what he was saying. I mustered up all my strength and slapped her sending her tumbling to the ground and at that split second when I hit her, in ran nicks parents, Ric and Dr. Legister. Angel just sat there covering her face and sobbing, why didn't she react? She was making me look like the bad guy and before I knew it I was pulled out of the room by the Dr.
"Christina you need to go home and blow off some steam! This is a professional and civilized hospital and I will not have you bring your personal problems in here, carry them elsewhere!" He scolded clearly disappointed.

"Its not my fault!" I screamed I was getting tired of  being blamed for everything.
"Christina I advise you to leave before I get the security to escort you out!" He said angrily pointing to the exit.
"Gladly!" I shouted leaving and my eyes watered.
Up until this day I haven't been back to that dreadful place.
End of flashback
I still  think about how angeline took advantage of nicks memory loss and I hated her for it. We rode all the way to church in silence each of us buried in our own thoughts.
After about half an hour we pulled up infront of the church and a sea of people were entering, most in black. I was a little nervous about speaking infront of so many people.
Jacob and I went into the large church with crucifixes and pictures of the virgin mary & Jesus were all around hanging on the white walls. The ceiling had huge chandeliers and there were multi- coloured windows.
On the altar was a pulpit that I'd soon be standing on and infront of the altar was heathers casket. I couldnt see inside yet since I was at the back coming up. I looked to see heathers mother waving us up to come and sit at the front with her. The front was to be occupied by family memebers only but given my close relation to heather Jacob and I was an exception.

We walked briskly to the front and on my way I saw a lot of students from school including the whole cheer squad, Ric, jennifer bliss, maia, chey and........nick. Yes he was released yesterday morning so I heard. I smiled at some of them and to some waved but since I didn't know how nick would react I just walked pass him and he glared at me. Finally I was at the front and heathers mother insisted I sit beside her so I did.