what's hidden inside

I glared at my best friend i was glued to my spot beside her and as expected she went and slapped angel. I closed my eyes when it happened but the sound still rung through my ears. I opened my eyes to see a big pink mark on angel's cheek. However, what I didnt expect was angel's reaction she was.....smiling as if she just learned some new info. I wanted to run over to see if she was alright but I couldn't and I mean literally couldn't. To others heather might seem as an amazing best friend but the truth is even though I was team captain and had the hottest boyfriend I was still living In heathers shadow.
Weve been best friends since we were aroud 5 and while I was sweet and adorable well she was spoilt and mischievous. I never once tried to get on her wrong side who would? Our mom were best friends so we kinda fell in the pattern. My mom used to encourage me to make my own decisions since she was the only one I told the things heather did to the other kids but when she passed away heather had full influence over me and well I've grown into that. A tear escaped and slid down my cheek at the thought of my mom it had been on my 13th birthday 3 years ago that she left me to battle the struggles of the world on my own all because God decided to give her cancer, my mother my real best friend.
"Let's go!" heather shouted pulling my wrist leaving the locker room.... leaving angel.
**********************************************************************
Nicks pov
I had to fing angel, I just....had to. I searched the bio lab, the office, the library and even the janitors closet. The last places i would look is in the girl's locker room since it's suppose to be empty and the field for if she tried cheerleading. I quietly walked in the vacant locker room hoping any nude girls weren't there, well maybe just one.... concentrate i told myself. I turned the corner and saw angeline she was sitting quietly writing in a book, her journal maybe? I slowly made my way up to her as not to startle her. Without even looking up she said
"Nick, nice to see you again"
"Yeah I was just looking to see if you were going about just fine.
She finally looked up and obstructing her beautiful face was a well pink mark indicating someone did hurt her. I froze.
"Who did this to you?" I asked sitting next to her whilst slowly going over the mark with my thumb.
"It....it was your girlfriend's bestfriend it was just a little disagreement nothing big." She said but soon warm tears strolled down her cheeks and I pulled her close.
"And christina..I mean my girlfriend was she there as well?" I asked anger crystal in my voice.
"She was but she didnt hurt me she just......watched" she finished. She sobbed more and I drew her closer.
"Don't worry I'll take care of it" I told her soothingly. I would take care of it no way would christina or heather take advantage of angel's kindness or humbleness. It was very wrong and for this I was furious!
**********************************************************************
Christina's pov
I was walking around the squad inspecting who was doing it wrong or well enough for compliments.
"Very good Jennifer, straighten your back knee bliss!" I shouted across the field. I glanced at my phone and cheer practice was over for today.
"Okay very good girls we'll pick up back tomorrow, practice your whips for the beginning k?"
"Yea" they all said in unison. I smiled then ran across the filed sitting on the bleachers. I got out my water bottls to refresh myself and went on my phone to see if I had any messages. I had 5, two from heather, two from nick and one from jacob, my brother. I read jacobs first.
'Gonna be a little late 2 pic u up 2day track meet!' It read.
'Dont worry I'll just get a ride from a friend" I replied.
Next was bliss,
'Where r u? Practice already started!!' It read It must ave been when i1as in the locker room, I was so busy with angel I didnt hear my phone. The next was pretty much asking where the hell I was too. I then read nicks text.
'We need to talk' was all it said. I then read the next one.
'Now!' I flinched at the exclamation sign, je sounded pissed. I sighed then replied
'Meet me on the field in 5' I got up to change since I was sweaty and needed a quick shower but sat back down when I saw heather come sit beside me.
"What's up bestie" she said cheerily.
"I have to talk to you later nick and I need yo talk" I explained getting up.
"Since when dows nick come before me again? "She asked in a bitchy tome
"No time heather I just-"
"Good then sit!" She cut me off saying.
I sat back lazily making it evident I didnt want to be here but she just brushed it off.
"Im sorry about what happened to the girl I mean she should be more careful when talking to others."
"Sorry? Your not heather you never are and all she said was we were busy talking and you went and slapped her" I stated. I dont know why I was getting so worked up I barely even knew the girl. But either way heather was wrong, although its not like she would listen to me anyway.
"Excuse me! Ok fine chrissy have it your way but im pretty sure the little princess your fucking can't protect you and when the school hears about it's perfect cheer captain miss popular who's even dating nick the hottest boy at jewels academy whilst fucking the supposedly 'prettiest' girl here I wonder what they'll call you"
"Slut? Whore even? or does thot sound better!!" she shouted in my face. I wanted to really tell her off but the words just wouldnt come out and I knew tears were threatening.
"You would never do that you know im not sleeping with angeline" I whispered I was trying not yo embarrass myself by making her see me cry. I knew this wasn't the worst she'd done but I couldnt make her ruin my high school life too.
"Your decision chrissy" she said before getting up and skipping back to the locker room.
"Later bestie" she said in her sweet voice then dissapeared across the field and when I couldnt hold it any longer, I cried.
***********************************************************************
Ok I feel it for christina dont you? In this chapter you really get to see the real heather. Thought she was a great bestie huh? And im very srry for the expletives but I just wanted to show how bitchy heather really was but srry to evryone. Also I want you to know that christina is probably one of the nicest persons here and please dont call her dumb or an idiot for not standing up to heather because there is a reason that I haven't fully explained yet, why she puts up with her so just expect that explanation soon k?
Vote! Comment! And make me happy pweeez! Heather at the side which is the awesome amy lou adams ---->>>>>>Well tata for now ♥♡