Chapter 9

Dilemma

~~

Little Shinwon and Donghyun excitedly went to the playground as the bell rings, indicating it was finally break time.

And Donghyun was excited today as he continues to brag about his new shoes that Shinwon just listened to silently.

As they made their way, he remained quiet while clutching his lunchbox securely as Donghyun kept on talking.

"And I heard these were limited edition." Donghyun continue to brag, but realized Shinwon wasn't even listening, especially when his eyes were fixated across the playground to watch the specific girl. "Hey, are you even listening?"

But he didn't answer. Donghyun huffed annoyingly but couldn't be mad at his best friend. After all, it's love, and love is a wonderful thing.

"You and your crush." Donghyun crossed his arms as he watch his friend dreamingly. "What would you plan to do now?"

"What?" Finally Shinwon answered. Donghyun sighed and sat next to Shinwon. "I said, what will you do now? Will you tell her that you like her?"

"No, I won't!" Shinwon defensively said, his eyes widen in terror as he thought of the consequences. "I- I'm fine admiring her from afar, and write poems for her everyday."

"That just gives me an idea." Donghyun smiled, a kind of smile that was planning something, and Shinwon know his friend too well.

"What are you planning to do?"

"Exactly what a friend would do." Donghyun then stand up and went across the playground to approach the girl. Shinwon widen in terror and amusement as he watch his friend confidently asked her to eat lunch with them.

Donghyun then went back to Shinwon with Minjung.
Shinwon felt like exploding but his body were frozen. Her presence made his entire body tremble with fear and maybe love. The three settle down on the resting area, Minjung sitting across him.

"Ah right! I have to go back to class! To do some things." Donghyun excused, "Enjoy the two of you." He left after winking at Shinwon suggestively.

Shinwon looked across the table to see Minjung, but he kept quiet. He doesn't have the guts to talk to her at all. He couldn't even believe this moment at all, sitting with his crush to have lunch together, sounds like only in his dreams would come true. But now, it was finally happening and he has alot to say, but his tongue was tangled and the words were such on his throat.

"Shinwon-ah." And a call of his name, coming from Minjung, made him snap up from his messy thoughts and turn to her, abruptly. "Do you think he'll come back?"

She was referring to Donghyun.

"Ah, maybe not." Shinwon said, knowing his friend too well.

"Let's eat then." She smiled and open her lunchbox.

But Shinwon only nodded and anxiously reach for his pockets to grab his little notepad which contains all the poems that he wrote for her that he always brought. And he was thinking of giving it to her.