Chapter 16 - Out.

"The pretty lies, the ugly truth."

• teen idle, marina and the diamonds

-

[quick author's note. Since this story takes place in March, I would just like to clear out I moved the events from the present (us now) to here. You'll get what I mean.]

Two.

Oh how I'm starting to get annoyed by that number.

Because it's been two days since I said I would try to fake a smile.

But it's also has been two days since I went outside so I didn't have to hide much really.

I have been doing good.

By that I mean my hair looks like a bird's nest and the bags under my eyes are clearly visible. Not to mention my dull eyes complimented the oh so pretty bags under my eyes.

So yeah, I'm doing good.

And today I have to look good. Why? I'm going out. Why is that? Because I've been locked in my room moping around for so long that I think I forgot what the sun felt like.

Just kidding it's because Dad actually swore that if I don't come out of the house willingly today he will physically remove me from my bed and sit me down on a bench outside our house.

I don't know the man well enough to know if he would actually do it but I ain't taking any chances.

So I did what dad told me to do and that is go outside. Only this time I don't have friends that I can hang out with except maybe Dan and Phil but they're both busy with whatever famous YouTubers who are making a book do.

And so I took a shower and dressed in a peach baggy t-shirt that I tucked into my black jeans.

Then I put on combat boots that looked like someone threw them against the wall repeatedly since i used to wear these 24/7 and stuffing them in a large suitcase filled with clothes that have studs on them doesn't make it any prettier either.

My hair was an awful mess so I did my best to tie it all in a ponytail whilst grabbing my huge brown bag.

I raced down the stairs and see my mum and dad talking while both of them were drinking what I think was coffee.

"Hey uhm, I'm going for a walk." I announced to them. "Oh finally!" Dad exclaimed. I chuckled, "Yeah yeah. Love you guys." I waved and exited the house as I heard a faint "Stay safe!" From mum.

At first I just walked around carelessly, sort of sight seeing I guess. The houses around here were tiny and have a home-y feel.

But of course i decided to just go to central London to go to more familiar grounds.

I took the bus there.. Wasn't the best since there was a guy who smelled like cigarettes that sat behind me. Leaving me wanting to puke.

The bus stopped at my stop and I don't think I've been happier today.

I arrived near Regents Park and so I just went to the park itself. The park was huge so there was only a teeny tiny chance I'll meet someone I know.

And I met someone I know.

Right as I sat down on one of the benches I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey we're now at Regents Park with Nala! Nala say hi! Aw Nala don't chew on the leash." That was Zoe wasn't it?

I saw them walking in my direction so I did what any person would do... If they were as stupid as me.

I ducked into my huge brown bag and trying to make it look like I was searching for something in my bag.

But nope.

"Hey! Is that Amity?" Alfie exclaimed. Damn you, Deyes. I looked up and looked at them, waving sheepishly.

Zoe was still vlogging which lead me to believe she hasn't seen the Twitter fights between me and RTI.

"Hey Amity!" Zoe waved and grinned widely. "What's this? Amity without Dan or Phil?" Alfie joked.

"Haha, very funny Alfie. Actually Dan and Phil are doing productive things while I'm forced to go outside by my parents." I explained.

Zoe shut off her camera and that made me sigh in relief. "Can you guys do me a favour?" I asked whilst coming up to them.

"Sure, what is it?" Zoe asks. "Erm, can you not post that bit? I kinda have a problem that I haven't sorted out and I don't want to get more attention, y'know." I asked.

"Of course! But are you okay?" Alfie asked. "Uhm, yeah. I'm doing good." I lied.

The truth is I cried for hours yesterday.

"What about you guys? You're in London.. With Nala." I point out the obvious. "Oh yeah, we both arranged a meet and greet in London and we had to bring Nala with us because we can't leave a puppy at home alone." Alfie explains.

"Ohh." Was all I said.

"Erm, you wanna grab some coffee?" Zoe offered. "Oh no thanks. I'm sure you guys are well busy." I reject.

"No no! We're having a do-whatever-the-heck we want day." Zoe giggled. "Well then." I faked a laugh, "I could go for a cup of coffee."

Why did I say that?!

"Great! Oh and we're meeting Joe at the coffee shop too." Alfie adds. Oh boy.

I just kept on smiling.

"Okay then! Let's go?" I stated, although it turned more into a question. "Yeah. Let's go!" Zoe exclaims as she carried Nala.

"Oof, she's grown heavy." She comments.

--

We went to a nearby Costa and met Joe there. The fangirl in me was screaming her head off but I kept it cool outside.

Well... I tried.

"Oh hey. I'm Amity." I greet Joe. "I know. I'm Joe by the way." He chuckled.

"I know." I smiled.

Mum was right.

Hiding the pain was easy and people don't give you the pity look.

Putting on a smile is easier than explaining why I was sad.

And I wasn't gonna burst into tears...

Until I received this phone call.

Ring... Ring...

--

OH MY GODDD TOMORROW'S MY GRADUATION SOMEONE HOLD ME OR SOMETHING.

WISH ME LUCk.

HOPE I DONT FALL ON STAGE.

DEAR GOD.

ILY AND HAVE A GREAT DAY BC YOU RLLY RLLY DESERVE IT!

BAI LOVELIES <3

SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS V V SHORT

Oh and what I meant on the authors note in the front is like if I move the Amazing Is Not On Fire book tour schedule to like May Dont be confused

OmfWhuut stop being so hyper