.×9×.

Altare knew something was wrong. He drew his gun-saber out of the corrupted body, looking back into the city, the night wind hitting his face.

'Are you done over there?' He shouted, voice carried by the breeze. It was raining.

Shinri, lowering his longbow, was soaked. 'There's too much, we can't stop them all!'

Damn creatures. Why are they so determined to get in Elysium?!

'Leader! We should retreat!' Flayon shouted from his R-Trus.
Altare grimaced and stared at the unidentifiable purple mob that made its way near the gates of the city.

'I could have stopped this earlier..' He looked down, angry, the rain falling off of his bright blue hair.
'Why didn't I listen to Magni..!'

He shook his head in frustration. There was no time for regret now.

'We have to tell everyone living near here to evacuate!' He said.

Flayon, who was sheltering them with the R-Trus, gave a thumbs up. 'I'll hold them off, 'kay? Get in the city and when I'm inside, we'll close the gate.' His intercom boomed.

Is Y/n okay?
He went inside with Shinri as Flayon managed to keep the angry mob at bay.

'Close the gate.' He ordered to the bystander, who got to work immediately.
Flayon climbed over the wall and got inside just as the massive city was closed off.

'That won't hold those beasts out forever.' Shinri said, shaking his head to get some water out.
Altare sighed. 'Time is key. The most we can do is get everyone around here to move closer into the city.'

Flayon, watching them from above, nodded. 'I'll go back to HQ! Who knows if some of those weirdo creatures got inside the city already,' He shuddered.

Altare nodded and watched Flayon leave. 'Shall we?' Shinri asked. 'As you said, time is key. We can't waste any more of it.'

With a grim nod, the leader followed Shinri to the nearest house. I could have prevented this.

I could have kept her safe from all of this.

He shook his head again. 'There's no point thinking about that, there are people that need you right now.' Altare muttered to himself.

A lot of people.

<________________>

No.
She wouldn't believe it.

The silence after Magni had told her those words was an uncomfortable one.
Finally, Y/n found the courage to look into his eyes with a blank stare.

'Go on. You think I...don't exist?' She tilted her head, more confused then shocked.

Magni looked a little unsettled from being subjected to her emotionless gaze.
'Y/n, hear me out, first. I'll try to explain it.'

She nodded, sitting down, her hands shaking. 'Please do. I can't understand it myself.'

Magni sighed. 'Oh, where do I start? For most of your childhood, you've been with Altare.' He started. 'You don't remember most of it, just the important details and who you're supposed to be.'

'Who told you that?'

'I like listening in. Now, let me carry on.' He turned around, picking up the flask from earlier. 'You don't seem to feel pain, ever since you moved in with Tempus, right?'

'Yeah.' She eyes the flask warily. 'But before, I remember burning or bruising my arms when I was making swords and shields..'

With a careful tip, a drop of the liquid fell onto her arm.
'Do you feel this? Or is it barely noticeable?' Magni asked.