Sneaking Out Into The Jungle

3RD PERSON POV:

On the ship coursing through the atmosphere at that very moment, Spider's father, who was none other than Colonel Miles Quaritch, in his new Avatar body was making his way towards Pandora. He and his surrounding battalion were wearing exo-mask packs, breathing in Pandoran air. Bridgehead City, the new and highly fortified city built by the Sky People was their destination. A giant surrounding layer of desert land where they had completely destroyed some of the Pandora forests. Big walls of concrete with heavy machinery guarding every few feet and pillars outside the city walls with weaponry as well.

"Masks off." Wainfleet relayed to the men as each of them walked off the ship.

Quaritch took of his exo-mask and took a large breathe in of the air. They were approached and led by a human towards the General of Bridgehead City.

"Sir, this is the General." The man relayed pointing up to a woman wearing camouflage army attire.

She was currently practicing her boxing skills inside a new Amp suit. One that was taller, less bulky than the originals. It moved twice as fast for easy control while she beat on a practice bag.

"General Ardmore." Quaritch approached her, while saluting.

"Good to meet you, Colonel." She smiled as she turned. She held out the robotic hand of the Ampsuit and Quaritch shook it. "I've heard good things, but a lot's changed since your last tour here. Walk with me."

They walked outside the building and into the pathways of the city. Large constructions were being built as they spoke by mechanical spider like creatures. Welding metal beams of the new buildings. Hundreds of humans moved about building as well. In the course of the year they had been there , the size of the city and the constructions would seem impressive to most. But to those who love Pandora, it was horrifying. It was advancing faster than anyone could imagine, faster than anyone could possibly try to stop.

"The new ops center is over here." The General explained pointing to each newly constructed building. "That just came online. These swarm assemblers, they can put up a building in six days. We have done more here in a year than in the previous 30 years. We're not here to run a mine, Colonel. As On-World Commander, I have been charged with a greater mission."

She led them into another large building that was being 3D printed as they spoke by large machinery. Making the building process so much faster, easier.

"Earth is dying." She stated after taking a sip of her coffee. "Our task here is to tame this frontier. Nothing less than to make Pandora the new home for humanity. But before we can do that, we need to pacify the hostiles." She explained.

They made their way into a different room showing video screens of all the Sully's attacks.

"The Sully's raids are becoming bolder and more frequent. His strikes are well-planned. They've got tight coordination between his ground and air assets. His forces are hitting our outlying sites. The mines, pipelines, cutting off our supply chain."

"And they hit a maglev, two days ago." One of the engineers explained showing the wreckage from the train attack.

"Any intel on the Sully's base of operations?" Quaritch asked.

"Yeah." The General nodded. "Give me the mountains." She relayed. The hologram around them changed to the floating Hallelujah Mountains. "It's a cave system in the Hallelujah Mountains somewhere. But every time we send our forces up there, we take losses. Our hardware really stirs up the hornet's nest. We only get 10 minutes in enemy airspace, they are all over us."

They watched a video from their last attempt to be in the Hallelujah Mountains. Ikran's attacked their ships in groups, making the ships malfunction, some of them falling right out of the sky.