Chapter 3: Tulips

After a while, Lily decided it would be a good idea to go for a walk. She quickly changed out of her pajamas and put her shoes on before going downstairs.

She walked into the living room and saw her dad and Gina making out on the couch.

"Gross." Lily said. Hearing Lily's voice the two stopped kissing. "Get a room."

"Where are you going?" Jared asked.

"Away from you too." Lily spoke.

"Lilian." Jared said sternly. He only called her Lilian when he was mad.

"I'm going for a walk. And probably stopping by the hospital to visit mom." Lily explained.

"Was that hard?" Jared spoke. "Do me a favor and don't bring up Gina."

"Yeah yeah." Lily said. She ran out the door before her dad could say something.

— — —

As Lily walked down the road she decided that it would be a good idea to buy her mom flowers. The thing was, Lily had no clue where the best place to but flowers were.

So she texted Stanley.

'Hey, do you know where the best place to buy flowers is?'

'Depends on what kind of flowers you want.'

'Tulips.'

'Where are you?'

'Down the road from my house. Why?'

'Okay. Wait there.'

'Why?'
Read  12:56

'Stan?'
Read 12:58

'Stanley?!'
Read  12:59

'Don't leave me on read.'
Read  1:02

Lily groaned. She considered walking around and asking a stranger where the nearest flower shop was, but decided to wait like Stan said.

After a few minutes Lily heard someone yell her name. She turned around and saw Stanley.

"What are you doing here?" Lily asked.

"I'm being you to the flower shop." Stan explained.

"I didn't need you to bring me. I needed directions." Lily replied.

"Oh well. I'm here now." Stan smiled.

"You walked all the way over here?" Lily asked.

"No, I was at Kyles." Stan said.

"Who's Kyle?" Lily asked.

"Kyle is a friend of mine. He lives in that house over there." Stan explained as he pointed to a random house.

"Oh okay then." Lily smiled.

"What do you need flowers for?" Stan asked.

"My mom." Lily replied. She didn't realize that Stan didn't know that her mom was in the hospital. The only person who knew was Wendy.

"She's in the hospital." Lily explained. "She always loved flowers, specifically tulips. I thought it would be nice to bring her some."

"That's very nice of you." Stan said.

Lily simply nodded.