Chapter 13: Paperwork

It was a week later. Lily hadn't visited her mom ever since she found out what her dad was doing. She felt like she couldn't bare to look at her mom. Lily couldn't afford the treatment because it costed to much money. Her mom didn't have any family left and her dad didn't care about her.

"Gina?" Lily asked.

"Yes Lily?" Gina answered.

"Can I go visit my mom?" Lily asked.

"I don't see why not, but you might want to check with you father first." She said.

"Can you call him? He would most likely tell you yes." Lily pointed out.

"Sure, finish your lunch first though." Gina agreed.

"Alright." Lily said before proceeding to shove the remaining parts of her sandwich down her throat.

"Lilian slow down! I don't need you going to the hospital." Gina yelled.

"Sorry." Lily apologized.

"I texted your father and he said he was alright with it, but he wants me to go and supervise you." Gina said.

"Why do you have to supervise me? I'm almost 16." Lily asked.

"In case you forgot your grounded and he also doesn't want you to talk to that boy." Gina replied.

"'That boy' isn't even a bad influence on me." Lily responded.

"Just be happy I got him to agree." Gina sighed.

"I'm going get dressed. I'll be right back." Lily said.

"Take your time Lily." Gina warned as she picked up the dishes and took them to the kitchen.

Just as Gina finished washing the dishes, Lily came downstairs.

"Ready?" Gina asked. Lily quickly nodded her head as she slipped on her shoes.

— — —

"Gina, did dad ever tell you why he was cutting off mom's medication?" Lily asked.

"He's what?!" Gina responded.

"He didn't tell you?" Lily was shocked, but not as shocked as Gina was.

"I'll talk to him, and take care of it." Gina said as they pulled into the parking lot.

"Thank you Gina." Lily said as she hugged her.

"It's no big deal Lily. Now go see you mom." Gina spoke. Lily smiled up at Gina before running to her moms room.

— — —

Gina's pov:

"Excuse me." I said to the receptionist.

"How can I help you?" The receptionist said.

"I need to pay for Hailey Petersons treatment." I said to the receptionist.

"What's your name ma'am?"

"Gina Briar."

"Okay, I'll need you to fill out this paperwork, then if everything is approved, we will continue Mrs. Peterson's treatment." The receptionist said handing me the paperwork.

"Thank you." I smiled before sitting down to fill out the paperwork.