Chapter 7: Sneakout

"Do not curse at me Lilian." Jared yelled. "Give me your phone and go to your room."

"Whatever." Lily said as she placed her phone on the counter and headed up to her room.

"Your grounded until further notice." Her father yelled.
He had to have the last word in every argument.

Lily sat in her room for a few minutes before grabbing a bag and stuffing clothes into it.

She had enough of her father for the night. Lily hid her bag underneath her bed when she heard her dad's footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Look lily,-" Jared began.

"It's Lilian." Lily corrected him.

"Lilian, I'm sorry for how I acted. You just need to respect me more." He explained.

He waited for a response but didn't get one.

"Goodnight Lilian." He said as he walked down the stairs.

Lily waited for all the lights to turn off before she crept downstairs with her bag on her back.

She opened the front door and shut it quietly. She was out. But now where would she go.

Stan had told her to call him but she didn't have her phone, so she decided to walk to Kyles. Kyle knew Stan, surely he knew where Stan lived or had Stans number.

After a few minutes of walking, she arrived at the house Stan had pointed too.

She knocked on the door and waited for a few minutes, before a boy who was around her age answered the door.

"Who are you?" The boy asked.

"I'm Lily. Are you Kyle?" She asked him.

"Yeah, how do you know that?" He asked.

"I'm a friend of Stanley's. Could I borrow your phone for a minute to call him?" Lily asked.

"I guess." Kyle said as he pulled his phone out and unlocked it before calling Stanley.

"What do you want Kyle?" Stanley asked.

"Theirs a girl named Lily at my door, she said she knew you and wanted to call you." Kyle explained.

"Give her your phone." Stan said. Kyle handed lily his phone.

"Hey Stan-" Lily began to say.

"Lily are you okay? Why are you at Kyle's? Did your dad hurt you? Damnit I knew I should have let you go in there." Stan said.

"Stanley calm down. I perfectly fine. My dad didn't hurt me. And I'm at Kyle's because I needed to contact you." Lily explained.

"Well you contacted me so what's wrong?"

"So I kinda need a place to stay for the night. Could I crash at your place?" Lily asked.

"Yeah. Hand the phone back to Kyle I need to talk to him." Stan said.

After the two boys talked to each other Kyle told Lily to come inside and that Stan would be here soon.