Chapter 8: Sleepover!

It was around 9 pm when Stanley arrived at Kyles. He quietly knocked on the door so Kyle would know he was there button it wouldn't wake up his parents.

Kyle opened the door to reveal Stan waiting there for Lily.

"Hey Kyle." Stan greeted.

"Hey Stan." Kyle replied, "She fell asleep."

Stanley sighed before walking into Kyles home to wake up Lily.

"Lilian, wake up." Stanley said quietly.

"Stan.?" Lily said quietly.

"It's me Lily. We need to go." Stan replied. Lily rubbed her eyes before getting up. Stan grabbed her bag and walked towards the door.

"Bye Kyle. Thanks." Stan said.

"Yeah yeah. I want an explanation next time I see you." Kyle said.

"You got it." Stan said as Kyle shut the door.

"Lily where was your phone?" Stan asked.

"My dad took it. I'm supposed to be grounded." Lily explained.

Stan nodded as the two continued walking to his home.

"So, I have to warn you. My parents know your coming over and my mom thinks we're dating and I tried to correct her but she's not listening." Stan said.

"Sounds a lot like my mom." Lily said. Stan chuckled.

— — —

The two finally arrived at Stan's house. They could see the lights on in the kitchen.

"Wait here." Stan said before he went inside. Lily was on the porch for a few moments before Stan came back outside.

"I told them you were tired so your saved from the questions until tomorrow." Stan said.

Lily let out a laugh. "Thanks."

"No problem." Stan said as he moved so she could come in the house.

"Mom, dad, this is Lily. Lily these are my parents." Stan introduced them.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr and Mrs. Marsh." Lily yawned.

"Stan take her up to your room and let her sleep." His mother ordered.

"Come on Lily." Stan said as he lead her to his bedroom.

In the bedroom was a bed and and air mattress.

"Do you want to sleep in the bed or air mattress?" Stan asked.

"The air mattress is fine." Lily said.

"Okay, I'll be right back. I'm going change." Stan said before he left the room.

"Alright then." Lily said. She looked around his room.

It was big, bigger then hers anyway.

Lily tried not to think about her parents and Gina, but that's all she could think about.

When Stanley came back into the room the two exchanged good nights and Stan managed to fall asleep.

Lily stayed awake and starred at the ceiling for a while. She tried not to think about her parents and Gina, but that's all she could think about.

She closed her eyes and tried to sleep but the feeling that her mom was going to die kept her awake. Lily managed to fall asleep but kept having nightmares about her mom.

"LILY!" Stan yelled as he shook her awake.

"Huh..? What's wrong?" Lily asked.

"You were crying and screaming. I'm assuming you were having nightmares?" Stan asked

"Yeah."

"They were about your mom weren't they?" Stan questioned.

"Mmh. She was right there Stan. She was begging me to keep her alive..." Lily explained. Stan pulled lily into a hug. She clearly need one.

"Lily, your mom is alive. She's sleeping right now." Stan said. "She's perfectly fine."

"I guess your right. I can't believe my dad would do something like that." Lily said.

"We can figure something out in the morning. You need to go to sleep."

"Can we stay like this for just a few more seconds.?" Lily asked.

"If that's what you want." Stan said. After a few seconds he looked down and Lily was sleeping.

"Smart move Lils" Stan chuckled as he put the blanket over the two of them before falling asleep.