Chapter 2: Cheater

It was early the next morning, when Lily's dad called her downstairs.

"Lily. Come here for a second." Her father yelled.

"Coming." Lily yelled back. She placed her phone on her nightstand before running downstairs.

In the kitchen, was a lady.

"Dad, whose that?" Lily questioned.

"Lily this is Gina. Gina this is Lily, my daughter." Her father introduced.

"Why is she here?" Lily asked.

"Lily, Gina is my girlfriend. And I thought it would be nice for you to meet her." Her father explained.

"Hello Lily." Gina greeted.

"Can I speak to my dad privately." Lily asked. Her father looked at Gina before nodding.

As Gina stepped out of the kitchen the two began arguing.

"What about mom?!" Lily asked.

"Lily. Your mother isn't getting better. She's dying." Her father explained.

Lily's mother was in the hospital. For most of Lily's life she was in the hospital.

"So you cheat on her?! Does she know about Gina?" Lily yelled.

"I haven't told her yet.." Her father said quietly.

"Does Gina know about mom.?" Lily asked.

Her dad simply nodded.

"Your cheating on my mother, introduce me to you girlfriend all while moms in the hospital?!" Lily yelled. "What a great husband." She said before running up to her room.

Gina walked back into the kitchen after watching Lily storm off.

"She'll come around eventually." Gina reassured as she hugged Jared.

"I hope your right."

— — —

Lily laid in her bed for a while. She was upset at everything. Her father, Gina, and even her mom. Although it wasn't her moms fault she was in the hospital. Gina's mom was in the hospital because she had cancer.

Hailey had been fighting cancer ever since Lily was 4.

Jared pulled Lily out of school and homeschooled her so that she could see her mom whenever she needed.

She was mad at her father because he was cheating on her mother. She was mad at Gina because Gina knew her father was married and continued to date him.

Lily was snapped out of her thoughts when her phone buzzed. She picked up her phone and saw a message from Stanley.

'Hey.'

Lily smiled. Stan was the only good thing in her life at the moment. He was her only friend.

'Hey.'
'Wyd?'
Read 9:47 am

Lily froze. She wasn't doing anything. But she couldn't tell Stan that.

'Reading, you?'

'Nothing.'
'What book are you reading?'

'If he had been with me by Laura Nowlin'

'Cool.'

'Yeah.'
Read 10:07