01: Rogue Garrison

"So, glad ya got in the easy way?" The light voice asked as the owner sat backwards in the wooden chair, crossing their arms over the back of it. The dimly lit room, only supported by one or two candles, showed a woman with brown hair tied up into a ponytail and glasses sitting in a chair. As your eyelids slowly blinked the sleep out of your eyes, you looked around and noticed the woman sitting there. Your eyes immediately wrenched wider as you tried getting up, only to realize that when you shifted, you felt a pain around your arms and stomach. So you looked down to find yourself chained to the wall.

"In all honesty, it could've gone worse. Levi could've killed you, or you could've ran into a titan along the way and got eaten alive." The woman continued, holding up two fingers and dwindling them around in the air. The bridge of your nose crinkled as you frowned at her, and kept your eyes low to avoid eye contact. You noticed that they didn't seem to have their odm gear on, so they must not be hostile. But you can't be too careful, never know what you can expect in the walls.

"I'd rather be eaten by a titan than be kept down here." You grumbled out, looking down at the floor. The woman lifted a brow and let their arms slump against the back of the chair. "What, here? In the dungeon? You're saying you'd rather be titan chow? Well that's a first." They admitted with a chuckle. Their voice bounced around the brick walls, and it irritated you. How could they sound so calm, or happy? They captured a rogue garrison! What made them think you weren't going to kill them, if it weren't for the fact you're still securely chained..to a wall.

You finally lifted your head to get a good look at their badge. You noticed the colors blue and white, the Wings of Freedom. You scoffed to yourself, then rolled your eyes before clearing your dry throat. "You were part of the Garrison, correct?"

" Were? "

"Yes, cadet. Were. That is, until you thought it'd be a bright idea to attack your teammates right after us scouts came back from a titan mission. Lucky it was me instead of Levi, or else you'd be dead!" They chirped with a grin, pointing their thumb to the dark corner where if you weren't squinting, you'd think nothing was there, but there stood a shorter guy with black hair. That's how poorly lit the room is. You rolled your eyes yet again and clicked your tongue. "Right...'Humanity's Strongest Soldier.'" You commented bluntly, as if to add insult to it. The woman chuckled at you. "I've never seen someone be so unbothered by his presence! What a wonder you are, cadet!"

"I'm certainly no wonder of yours, now take these chains off, or I'll cut your throat out!" You shouted, straining in the painful chains that felt like dull, rusty knives that were almost in pieces dragging against your arms and stomach. You stopped when you felt like blood was dripping from your arms, and you glared at the woman as she let out a cackle. When they stopped, they looked back down at you with a cheeky grin. "And how do you think you'll 'cut my throat out' if you're in these chains, hm? And how do I know you won't kill me if I let you out?" They shot back with a warm smirk. Your face remained indifferent and you kept shifting in the chains.

"These chains are connected to the wall, meaning there's left over chains on the floor. With enough sweat and piss, I could get myself out of here." You grumbled, your nose wrinkling even more. They only stared with a wide smile.

"Ah! So I see you know your acids? You're smart, cadet! I won't lie! But you still have to stay with us scouts in the meantime while the government decides what to do with you." They pointed a finger at you at the end of their sentence. You let out a loud huff then continued to maintain your breathing in the humid climate of the room. The air climate seemed to make you sweat, and it was starting to get uncomfortable. You needed to wipe it off, but your arms were bound, so you couldn't. Wiping off sweat is a good enough excuse, right?