05: Annie

A few days after the experiment, 3 to be exact, you were rudely woken up by loud knocking and yelling from behind your door. When the banging started, you let one eye open and looked out the window to find that the moon was still out, showing off it's glowing light. When you saw it, your eyebrows knit together into a frown before you slowly got up. You recognized the voice to be Hange's, and you pinched the bridge of your nose with your fingers then walked to the door and opened it. There they stood with their uniform on, cape, gear and everything. Your eye twitched at Hange as they stood there, their expression not in their usual constant grin, but a look of seriousness which is something you practically never saw.

"Good, you're up. Now, I know this is subtle, and Erwin told me to tell you when we were doing that first experiment the other day, but we're going to wall Sheena. I can't tell you why yet, just get dressed and be down in 6 minutes. We're leaving in 10."

"Wait, why tell me this now?!"

"I know I was supposed to tell you, but sorry I forgot about it until I woke up. Just please get dressed, Y/n. We don't have time." They demanded, almost frowning, which told you the matter was serious since they seemed to take everything lightly. You huffed before shuffling back into your room, hoping the yelling and the banging didn't wake up Christa. You shut the door and slugged towards the nightstand and picked up your uniform to quickly but groggily change out of your nightwear. When you finished, you opened then shut the door quietly to not disturb Christa in her sleep.

When you got down to the first floor, you saw everyone standing in the mess hall with their gear on. Everyone looked at you, standing there, looking clueless without your gear on. Eren lifted a brow. " Y/n's coming with us? What do they have to do with this?"

"They're a part of my squad, Eren, so therefore they have to accompany us to wall Sheena." Hange explained before sending you a knowing glance as if to tell you to go get your gear. You rolled your eyes before power walking towards the supply room and got your gear on.

"Now, are we ready?" Hange asked, looking at the handful: Eren, Mikasa, Armin and Jean. The 4 of them nodded, then Hange looked at you. "Y/n, this is gonna require some effort, are you positive?"

"Why're you just now asking this when you already made me get up?" You questioned roughly. Hange nodded sheepishly before walking off with the others following behind them. You looked at Armin as his hands started to shake and sweat. You lifted a brow and noticed the entire back of his neck was drenched in sweat, was he sick?

"Armin, are you ok?" You asked with a frown, and he looked at you. He swallowed the pit forming in his throat and nodded, "Yeah, just a little nervous." He answered.

"What could you be so nervous about?"

"Well, I guess since you weren't here for it, it makes sense.." He trailed off. You lifted a brow again like you were telling him to go on. "Before you got here, all of us were sent on an expedition outside the walls, and we encountered...an abnormal titan.." He mumbled sheepishly. You only blinked once in confusion. "And?"

"Well, turns out there was someone in that titan." He glanced over at you to make sure you were still paying attention, only to find a grimaced expression plastered across your face. " In the titan? Like, in the nape?"

"Yeah..in the nape, just like Eren." He assumed you knew about the Eren situation, with him being able to shift into a titan. You huffed before glancing at Eren walking ahead with Mikasa at his protective side. You nodded briefly, eyebrows knitting together. "And Eren's being sent up there, why?"

"Because he transformed into a titan without permission, since the government said that as long as the Survey Corps has him under control, he can stay here. When he transformed anyways, word got around pretty quickly and eventually got up to the Government up in wall Sheena. But I've already got an idea on who the other titan might be-" He paused, chewing his lower lip. You rolled your eyes at his pace of talking. "The other titan might be..?"