06: Mercenary

"Do you wanna go back to the Levi squad? Or do you wanna stay here, at least for a few more days since you went to Stohess today?" Hange asked as they were wrapping up a bandage around your sore wrist. You huffed, "What I want is to rest already. I'm tired as hell." You grunted, frowning. Hange chuckled at your reply before wrapping the bandage around your thumb twice, then around your palm. "So lazy, cadet." They joked, grinning at you. You let out another huff, then you laughed without mirth. "You'd be tired too, after fighting Annie and how skilled she was." You complained. Their mouth twisted into a smile as they finished wrapping your hand and your wrist in a bandage, then tied it into a knot.

"Alright, Y/n! Your wrist is finished and wrapped up in a bandage by yours truly!" They chirped before bowing in front of you. You had to purse your lips to keep yourself from giggling at the silly image of Hange bowing. The dimly lit room made Hange look like they were bowing in a prison cell, or that dungeon they kept you in.

They lifted themselves back up and looked at you, noticing the small bags under your eyes. "You look like you haven't slept in days, Y/n." They commented. You deadpanned your expression and knit your eyebrows together, parting your lips. "Yeah, because you decided to wake me up early in the morning that day."

"It was for a good purpose." They argued with a grin, resting their hands on their hips. You huffed and rolled your eyes. You glanced back over to find Hange staring at you, taking in all your facial features: The one eyelid that was just a tiny bit more hooded than the other, your beautiful shining s/c skin, and the red apples of your cheeks from the room being so hot, hotter than usual.

"What?" You questioned, knitting your eyebrows together. Hange quickly shook their head and averted their gaze from you, looking at the wall behind you. "Nothing! Just making sure my awesome cadet's alright!"

"You didn't say anything, though." You lifted a brow. They glanced back at you sheepishly a moment later. "..Anyways, I gotta head to Erwin's office about Reiner and Bertolt stealing Eren. I'll see you after that, though!" They chirped and walked out of the sickbay, shutting the door behind them. You sighed and leaned back in the flat mattress that could barely pass as a bed. Your head hit the pillow, and you immediately noticed how silent it was. Any room would be silent when no one's speaking, but for you, it was more irritating than calming. You felt bored, since you didn't have anything to draw on or draw with, or anyone to talk to. The only thing keeping you sane and from stomping out to follow Hange was the barely hearable flame dancing on the candle wick to act as light for the room.

Wait, what's wrong with you? You didn't like anybody here, if anything, you hated everyone here, so why're you so bored? Normally you'd be asleep by now, or close to it. Was it because you were trying to think of why Hange was staring at you? Maybe they do that with everybody. But not everybody's in their squad, so maybe it's a squad thing, for Hange to stare at the squadmates to "make sure they're alright." Was it normal to do that? You didn't know, the idea that Hange was even staring at you was so confusing that it made your head hurt and feel like it was spinning, so you shut your eyes to try and go to sleep.

That didn't work, because a moment later you felt like there was a bug creeping up the back of your neck. It was just natural body tingles. You rolled over and lay flat on the bed and stared at the ceiling in uncomfortable silence. Sitting in the sick bay in silence seems to make you realize how slow a minute actually passes, like sitting in class and watching the outside scenery while the teacher talks up a storm.

After a long while, or what felt like it, the door finally opened again to reveal Hange standing in the doorway, looking right at you. You lifted your head and met their gaze for a split second before sitting up all the way. "What is it?"

"Good thing your gear's over there, we gotta get a move on." They instructed, and you shot your head to the gear sitting on the other side of the room. You frowned then scoffed, "To do what, exactly?" You questioned as you got up. "We're going to rescue Eren, of course!" They exclaimed with an unusually bright grin, even for Hange. You narrowed your eyes and stared for a split second before obliging and putting your gear on. After that, you and Hange sped out from the sickbay and went straight towards the mess hall where everyone was at. Armin, Mikasa, Jean, all of them were waiting in the room like they were just waiting so patiently on you and Hange.