True Colors

That night, Bolt, Rhino, and Mittens had all stayed up too late. They lost track of time, and ended up staying up late until 2:00am. As a result, they slept in, and weren't awake until the early afternoon.
While all of them were asleep, Kyle had been dropped off for the day. Kyle stayed outside.

Eventually, Bolt had woken up. He looked around, Mittens was still sleeping, which wasn't unusual. Cats slept a lot, and so did Mittens. Rhino had been put in his cage again, so he was alone. He decided to go outside, as it was a nice day out.

As Bolt walked outside, he saw Kyle in the back yard. Kyle was sitting alone in the yard, but once he saw Bolt, he got up and walked towards Bolt. While he was walking toward Bolt, and noticed how Bolt was smaller than him. Not a massive diffirence, but still a diffirence. Bolt was smaller one way or the other.

Kyle saw his opportunity. He walked directly towards Bolt, and stood in front of him, looking down at him. Bolt was confused a little, but didn't think much. Then Kyle opened his mouth.
"Look at you, you are so cute! So small, teeny weeny, small small small!"
Bolt now became upset. Bolts face suddenly had an expression of anger. "No, no, I am not! I am a normal sized dog!" Bolt said impulsively. This was exactly what Kyle wanted. "Yes, you are small. White Swiss Shepherds aren't that small, little Bolt." said Kyle, egging him on. "No, you are just a diffirent breed or something, I am NOT small!" said Bolt, who was getting angerier and angerier.
"You are a White Swiss Shepherd, and so am I. You were just the runt of the litter. You were the smallest, weakest, meant to die. Simply weak." said Kyle.

These words struck a chord with Bolt. Bolt remembered when he was a puppy. He was the smallest. He was the last to be adopted. He was the runt. Kyle was right. Bolt was livid. He put his ears down and began to growl. "No, that is not true. You are just big and trying to trick me! I AM NOT LITTLE. I AM NOT CUTE!" said Bolt, who had began yelling. He then impulsively jumped at Kyle, knocking Kyle down. Kyle was suprised, he didn't expect Bolt to be this strong. Kyle himself was now mad, and wanted payback.

Kyle pounced onto Bolt, holding him down. Bolt tried to escape, but he couldn't. He was pinned.
"Oh, so you aren't little? Then why are you being held down?" said Kyle, looking down a Bolt with a smug look on his face. The small white Shepherd was frightened and angry all at once. "When I get out of here, I'm gonna harm you! I'm gonna make you regret everything! Ill-"
Kyle began to laugh. "You know what? Ill let you go. You'll probably go crying to your cat girlfriend Gloves, or whatever." said Kyle. "Mittens" corrected Bolt. "We are NOT in love."

Kyle released Bolt, and Bolt ran out from his grasp, just to charge at Kyle again, but this time Kyle dodged it, and Bolt slammed his head into the side of the house. The pain was immense, and Bolt felt his head fill with buzzing. He saw Kyle, looking down at him, laughing. "Aww, did the little puppy hurt his head? His he gonna have to go crying to his kitty girlfriend?"

Bolt didn't have the energy to respond. He was slowly passing out, and eventually, he collasped.
"What a loser" thought Kyle.
Kyle walked away, knowing he had successfully gotten into Bolts head. He had found his next victim. He had only pretended to be nice, so he could stay with them. Just to bully another dog.

Bolt awoke a little while later. His head had stopped hurting. "What happened?" he thought. Suddenly his exprience with Kyle came back. He saw Kyle on the other side of the lawn, facing Amsterdam road, watching a large cattle truck go by.

Bolt saw his chance, and quickly ran back inside the house. He wanted to be alone. As he walked to Pennys room, he entered the front living room, and he overheard the TV.

"The White Swiss Shepherd is a distant relative of the German Shepherd. They are a larger breed, known for their white fur, fluffy tail, and erect ears"

Bolt stopped walking. He looked up at the TV. 

"The most famous and well known White Swiss Shepherd is Bolt, star of the TV show "Bolt The Superdog."

The small White Shepherd felt proud for a moment. Bolt smiled, for the first time that day. His tail wagged a little.

"However, Bolt is a smaller White Swiss Shepherd. He's notably smaller than other ones. But that doesn't matter. Bolt is adorable either way."

The smile on Bolts face vanished. His ears fell. His tail stopped wagging. What Kyle had said was now true in his mind. Bolt was small. Weak. Kyle was able to hold him down easily. Bolt wanted to talk to Mittens, like what he did before whenever he was down or had problems. Until he remembered what Kyle said.

Bolt couldn't talk to Mittens. Then he would be weak. "No, only weak dogs ask for help. Only weak dogs cry to others about their problems. I just need to suck it in, and be a big, strong, dog. Ill be Big Bolt!" Bolt thought to himself. But that was easier said then done.

Bolt didn't see Kyle for the rest of the day. Kyle was picked up by his owner that night.

Thst night, Bolt slept in Pennys room. Usually Penny or Mittens was up there to sleep with him. But tonight he was alone. The room was a lot more lifeless and a lot less comfortable. Bolt sighed, and slowly drifted to sleep.