The Incident

Kyle was dropped off once again early the next day. He walked through the house, looking for Bolt. He searched the entire first floor, but couldn't find him anywhere. He looked in the yard, and around the farm property, but he wasn't anywhere from the 25a and Amsterdam Road to the railroad tracks on the edge of the property.

"Where is that little brat?" he thought. He then remembered he hadn't checked upstairs. Kyle silently walked up the stairs, and turned right. There was a greenish bedroom on one side, but no Bolt. On the other side was a light blue bathroom. Once again, no Bolt.
He then explored the left side. He walked into a Pink bedroom, and there he was, peacefully asleep on thr bed.

"There he is" Kyle thought to himself. Bolt was holding a little carrot in his paws. Kyle saw this, and noted the photos on the wall behind Bolt. Each of them had Bolt and his owner in them, but a few photos stood out as the orange plush carrot was in Bolts mouth in a few.

"This must be his favorite toy, it would be a shame if something happened to it." thought Kyle. A devilish smile formed on Kyles face. Kyle slowly removed the carrot from Bolts grasp, trying to keep it from making a sqeak. Eventually he had the carrot out of Bolts grasp, and he walked downstairs with it. Bolt had no idea what was happening. He was still asleep.

Kyle descended down the stairs, and through the tan living room, and into the green living room. He was on his way to the backyard to decide what to do with the carrot. He then noticed an open closet, next to the piano. A mean thought then entered his head. He placed Mr. Carrot inside the closet, but kept the door wide open.

Kyle then went to awake Bolt. As he passed through the tan living room, he noticed Mittens asleep on the green rug, sprawled out. She was in a deep sleep. "She looks as if she was dead" thought Kyle. Then, another mean idea entered his head. "Oh, this is going to be wonderful." Kyle thought once again. He then climbed onto the blue couch, pretended to sleep, and waited for Bolt.

Bolt slowly woke up from his sleep. He was well-rested, but was hungry. He wanted some food. He slowly went down the stairs, through the orange living room, and into the kitchen, and ate out of his food bowl.  After eating a good late breakfast, Bolt walked out of the kitchen and into the green room. Kyle knew Bolt was there, but laid low.

Bolt began to walk past the piano, when he noticed a hint of orange in the closet. He then realized it was Mr. Carrot. He naturally walked into the closet to grab him, but once he was in the closet, it closed completely. "What? Who did that? Let me out now!" Bolt demanded. "It's me, Bolt." replied Kyle. "Now that you are trapped, now my plan can take hold." "What plan? I won't let you do it!" and Bolt began to growl. "I am going to kill Mittens. You won't be able to stop me." Kyle began to laugh maniacally.

Bolt was gullible to a degree, and believed what Kyle said. "NO, NO YOU AREN'T! ILL STOP YOU!" Bolt began to panic. He tried to open the door manually, but even when he stood on his hind legs, he couldn't get the door open. The knob was too round, and he couldn't get it to open. "Try stopping me now, Bolt." said Kyle, and Kyle ran out of the room, outside, and to a window where he could watch Bolts reaction.

Bolt began to panic more and more. He tried ramming the door with his head, over and over. But nothing worked. Luckily, Pennys mom, was coming upstairs from the computer room for lunch. She heard the thumping from inside the closet, quickly walked over to the door and opened it. Bolt shot out the closet, and ran into the tan living room.

Bolt ran into the room, but froze when he saw what was in the center of the room. His tail dropped, and his ears fell. There was Mittens, all sprawled out on the floor. Unmoving, still, dead. Bolt's mind started to fill with memories of the two of them togther. When he and Rhino rescued her, when she taught him how to be a dog, the three of them inside the boxcar watching the scenery go by, the time when she comforted him after his nightmare.

"NO, NO, NO, NO NO NO" Bolt started to say. The realization that Mittens was gone had hit him like a truck. Bolt fell into hysterics. "Mittens!" he screamed. Mittens had heard her name screamed, and slowly began to wake up. "What, what happened? Huh?" said Mittens she then opened her eyes. Mittens was fine, she was ok. Bolts tail began to wag, and his ears perked up. As Mittens opened her eyes, she saw Bolt running towards her, tail wagging, very happy. "Bolt, what are you doing?" She said half awake.

Bolt didn't respond. He kept running,  picked her up, and hugged her. "Waaaahh" exclaimed Mittens, as the White Shepherd ran into her and held her close. Bolt didn't say anything. He just was so happy Mittens was alive, and just hugged her. Then, it hit him what happened. Kyle hadn't done anything to Mittens. This was all just an elaborate prank to get a reaction out of him.

"Bolt, is there something you want to tell me?" asked Mittens, who was still confused about what was going on. Bolt's face turned red. "Uh, I-" he said, not knowing what to say next.
Meanwhile, Kyle was outside, doing his best not to laugh. He had watched the entire thing happen through a window. Bolt chose his words carefully. He knew this looked as if he liked Mittens, in a romantic way. He didn't want Mittens thinking that he had a crush on her. He also didn't want Mittens to know about what Kyle had done, as then he would be "Little" and "Weak" in his eyes.

"Bolt? Are you there? Are you alright?" asked Mittens. "Yes, I am fine Mittens. I uh just had a bad dream that you died, and I was really upset, so I hugged you. It made me feel a lot better." replied Bolt. Mittens could tell Bolt was telling a half-truth, trying to hide something, but didn't bother questioning it. Bolt was clearly uncomfortable.

"Thats ok, Bolt. I know I would want to see you again if I had a dream like that. You don't need to be ashamed of hugging me. I understand." said Mittens. "Thanks Mittens." replied Bolt. Bolt really did not want to leave Mittens alone. He was still shaken up by what Kyle did to him, so he wanted to stay with Mittens for the rest of the day. Bolt climbed up onto the red couch, and rested there. Mittens slowly began to fall asleep again, and Bolt stayed awake. He was going to be there until Kyle left.