The Dam Breaks

Bolt tried to move, but he couldn't. Kyle had tied him to the pole in the barn. Bolt tried to bark, but couldn't. A tin can was over his mouth. He heard Penny outside.
"Well, that's everything. It's time to leave." Bolt heard a door close, and saw a moving truck with Penny and her mom driving away.
He wanted to bark, but he couldn't.
Eventually the truck was out of sight, and Bolt began to panic. Memories of him and Penny began to flash through his head, and he began to become sad. Suddenly, a tanker truck on Amsterdam Road made a left turn too fast, and flipped into the barn, causing it to burst into flames. A circle formed around him and began to close in on him. Bolt was feeling several emotions at once, rage, sadness, and fear.

Mittens was walking past Penny's room, when she heard something.
"Is that, Bolt, whimpering?" She immedeitly ran into the room to check on him, and hopped onto the bed. Bolt, although sleeping, had his ears down, and was shaking lightly. He was still making the sad sqeaking sound. Mittens knew Bolt was having a nightmare.
Mittens turned on the light on the nightstand, before addressing Bolt.
"Bolt! Wake up! You're having a nightmare!" Mittens put her paws on Bolt's face, and lightly shook him.

"PENNY!" Bolt screamed, as his eyes opened. Mittens put her paws off Bolt's face. Bolt began to calm, as the nightmare was over.
"Bolt! You're awake. Are you okay?" asked Mittens, looking at Bolt.
Bolt was still stressed, but not as much as he was during the dream. He was not looking like the Big Bolt he wanted to be like this.
"Bolt?" asked Mittens again. Bolt could see the genine concern on Mittens face. He wanted to tell Mittens what had been happening, how he missed Penny, what Kyle had been doing, and the memories of the fire in his dreams. But he couldn't. He had to be Big Bolt. He looked back at Mittens, but when he looked at her, he saw the pictures of him and Penny behind him. He focused on the most recent photo of all four of them togther, Rhino, Mittens, Penny, and him, all togther. "Bolt? It's ok, Bolt, you can tell me." Bolt began to feel very sad. The memories of him and Penny togther entered his head again, and began to pull on his emotions. Little tears formed in his eyes, as his ears dropped. He could not hold in the stress of what had been happening the past few days any longer.

"M-M-M-ittens, I aaa-m-m f-f-in-e-e-e. You can *sob* lea-*sob*-ve." said Bolt, trying his best not to cry. Mittens didn't leave. Instead, seeing that Bolt needed support, came closer and snuggled up next to him, to comfort him. "Bolt, it's ok. You don't need to hide your emotions. I know whats happening, and it's ok to cry." comforted Mittens.

The White Swiss Shepherd dropped his head onto Mittens back. Tears streamed from his eyes, as Bolt began sobbing intensely. The last time Mittens had seen Bolt anywhere near this upset was when Bolt thought Penny didn't love him at the movie studio, she remembered seeing dried up tears on his face, but she had never seen Bolt crying, let alone bawling like this before. Mittens felt terrible.

Mittens stayed by Bolts side, giving him a small hug. Bolt felt this, and felt much less alone then he had before. The shepherd slowly stopped bawling, and raised his head, but little tears countinued. Bolt sniffled a little, before saying "T-t-thanks, Mittens. I feel much bet-ter. *sniff*" he said. "You are welcome, Bolt. Ill always be here for you. Do you want me to stay and talk to you?" replied Mittens. "Yes, Mittens, I would like that." responded Bolt. "Why did you start crying, Bolt? It isn't like you to cry." asked Mittens.

Bolt sighed, and another tear emerged from his eye. "A lot of things, Mittens. Ive been, going through a lot."

"You miss Penny, don't you Bolt."

"Y-Yes, I-I do. *sniff*" Bolt almost started crying again, but Mittens spoke before he could.

"She will be back, Bolt. Don't worry."

"I know, but I don't feel safe when she's gone. The last time we were seperated, she almost died. I want to be there to protect her. I don't want to lose her. She means everything to me, as she was the first person to truely love and care about me."