Three-on-Three!

[3rd Person POV]

"Good job!" Every player in the Karasuno yelled out as they are done with their training.

"Do you think they'll show up asking to be let join the team if they can beat us in a match?" Tanaka asks Sugawara.

"Probably! All they have to do is cool their heads and demonstrate how they've learned the error of their ways" Sugawara replied.

"CAPTAIN!" It was both Hinata and Kageyama.

It made everyone startled. They opened the door for them.

"We would like to challenge you!" The first-years said in unison. "Us versus you upperclassmen!" Hinata exclaimed.

Tanaka was laughing at them. "For real?"

"Three, two...We'll prove that we can play together!" The two said in unison again.

"I heard a countdown." Sugawara stated.

"I kinda like guys like them." Tanaka is enjoying this.

"You heard the two, Daichi, perhaps it's time for them to come back." (Y/N) said to his captain.

"And if you lose?" Daichi said with a serious tone and is not joking around.

"We'll accept the penalty of your choice!" Kageyama said with no hesitation.

"Hm...This should work. Two other first-years are going to be joining us. We'll have you play them, three-on-three." Daichi stated. "It's a match we hold every year for our new members to see what they're like."

"But three-on-three?" Hinata is curious. "Who will be playing on our side?"

"(Y/N), I want you to be on their side on game day." Daichi said to him.

"Really? Me?" (Y/N) is surprised.

"You keep saying that you want them back already a few times now. Besides, I'm sure they'll need a capable Ace like you." Daichi stated.

When (Y/N) hears that Daichi called him a capable ace. His ego went up and goes to Hinata and Kageyama.

"You hear that, lads?! We're gonna win the three-on-three no matter what!" (Y/N) tries to hype his teammates for game day.

"Yes, sir!" Hinata's eyes sparkled as he is happy that the ace is his teammate for game day while Kageyama nodded, he believes he will win no matter what as long (Y/N) is his teammate and Hinata can just stand there on the court doing nothing.

"So, in the event that you lose, for the remainder of my time at this school, Kageyama will not be allowed to play setter." Daichi it with a serious tone.

Both Hinata and Kageyama are surprised. "Is that all?" Hinata asks.

"A team can't win with a grandstanding, over-aggressive, egocentric setter." Daichi said with no hesitation to Kageyama.

Kageyama gets a bit irritated by Daichi.

Daichi then said to him. "What's the matter? I'm not saying that your application will be rejected. I'm sure you can easily handle other positions."

Kageyama had enough. "I'M A SETTER!"

"Then win. You're here because you thought you could win without any help, right?" Daichi replied.

"What about me?! I'm here too!" Hinata felt like he is left out.

"The match is Saturday morning! Daichi announced.

"I'm here too, y'know!" Hinata exclaimed.

(Y/N) returned inside the gymnasium. The door is shut by Sugawara, leaving the two first-years alone.