Chapter Seventeen

𝑷𝒉𝒐𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒙
𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉 𝑳𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

'𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡,𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡,𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡,𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡,𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡,𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐥 𝐛𝐨𝐲, 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐥 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭  𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬'𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮  ...

𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐥 𝐛𝐨𝐲, 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐥 𝐛𝐨𝐲
𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬'𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐭𝐲𝐫𝐧𝐚 𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐬'•𝐬𝐳𝐚 𝐟𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐜𝐨 𝐣𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬

It's been a month since I told meech about my pregnancy. I been seeing a lot of changes in him and I'm happy for it. I'm happy for myself as well cause I'm out the gutter and leveled up. This baby giving me a new life already.

But Penelope thinks I'm moving too fast with meech. Moving into his condo, letting him kiss up all on me, and buying me shit. I'm not a gold digger but fuck I'm use to niggas giving me shit for nothing.

"That's enough" Penelope rolled her eyes as I was applying some lipstick to my face.

"What's your problem P? You been mad since we moved here"I looked at her with a blank look.

"I'm not mad. Just kinda confuse and tired of being here"—"We can't find our own place for right now cause I don't wanna live under another man's home and be told what to do"Penelope plop down on the couch sighing heavily.

"Penelope. We don't have nowhere else to go. I can't really work anywhere since I'm preg..."

"Stop using your pregnancy as a excuse! You only 2 months pregnant! You can work somewhere!"Penelope shouted out.

"Be fucking quiet! This ain't Zack house!"I shouted back. "Now like I said, I ain't going back to work"

"Phoenix you're a model. Try and get some gigs in and make your money"—"Otherwise you'll be stuck here with meech by yourself"Penelope hop up from the couch marching to the bedroom.

I looked down at my nails thinking about what Penelope said. Meech ain't a bad person so why is it a problem that we're living with him. Penelope needs to calm her ass down if she wanna live. Zack ain't gone take her back. She don't have nowhere else to go.

After applying my makeup on, I hop up looking at my pregnant stomach. "Damn I'm growing"I smiled. Just then, meech walk in the room staring at me. "Hey"I smiled.

"Wassup. How's the baby?"meech ask.

"It's cool I guess"I answered. "How about you? I see that you been working on some fashion projects lately"

"Yeah that's getting somewhere. Tryna make more money for the baby and getting a house right now"—"You uhhhh, ever looked into doing something other than makeup"

Excuse him? What he tryna say? I'm lazy. I look to the hallway seeing Penelope shaking her head. She mouthed me a 'I told you' and walk back into her room. Maybe she's right. I need to start back modeling again.

"Y-Yeah ima start back working again till maternity leave"i said.

"Good"meech nodded his head. He made his way from the living room to the bedroom.

I'm doing too much thinking that meech gone take care of me. Just only this baby. It's time for me to stop looking for handouts from niggas and just focus on me and my money.