Chapter Twenty-Two

𝑷𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒑𝒆

'𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝, "𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭" 𝐢 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭 '𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮'...

𝐢 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭 '𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐭
𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐞𝐭'• 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧

The night sky caught my attention as I laid down on the bench near the condo pool. It was quiet out here and very peaceful. Away from all the bullshit that my sister have caused.

How dare she tells me to not proceed my dream in South Carolina. I know I said I want to go to school in Arizona or Oregon but the only hbcu college to take me was South Carolina. I wasn't excited at first cause I'm leaving everything behind but I need to get the fuck out of California. I just wish Phoenix can follow me instead of following meech or zack ass.

I finally got up from the lawn chair making my way back inside the building. I went on the elevator pressing the button to the floor we stay on. Once I finally got to the floor, I made my way to the front door unlocking it. I went inside seeing the lights and tv was off.

"I guess they sleep"i whispered. I turned the kitchen lights on so I can find something to eat real quick. The fridge only had one thing in it and it was milk. I scoffed slamming it shut so they can actually hear my frustration.

I grab my phone scrolling through Uber eats to find something I can eat on. This is why I wanna move to South Carolina and be with my aunt. At least she can cook a meal everyday of the week so I won't starve to death.

"What you doing up so late?"I heard Phoenix aggravating voice. I didn't answer her. Just kept scrolling through Uber eats. "Penelope I know you're mad at me but please stop ignoring me"

"I can ignore you all I want"I mumble.

"Look I'm sorry about earlier"Phoenix sat on the bar stool. "I just don't want my little sister to leave and go to some place she don't know about or go to someone she don't even know"

"But aunt pam knows me"I added. "I don't wanna discuss it anymore"

Phoenix stayed quiet for a bit playing with her nails. She sigh a bit and looked at me. "I can't stay mad at you wanting to leave California. I wanna leave too"

"But can't you?"—"You can leave now while you're pregnant"I protested.

"P, I can't leave now. I have to see who this baby is for"Phoenix bawled. She covered her face sniffing rubbing her eyes. "If it's for zack, he'll kill me and the baby"

"What about meech? You think meech will be a great father?"i questioned.

"I know he will. But I think he's still upset with me for not telling him about Zack"Phoenix admitted.

"You didn't have to tell him right off the bat but still...yeah you should of told him that you slept with zack after him"i nodded my head.

"I didn't slept with him. He raped me and beaten me because I beat his bitch ass daughter"Phoenix rolled her eyes. "Look I'm going to bed. I'll see you in the morning"

"Okay good night"

I watch as Phoenix walked out the kitchen to the bedroom. I'm kinda worried about Phoenix and the baby. All this drama is making my head hurt and I know Phoenix is stressing the fuck out. Maybe I should take her ass out tomorrow. Just a girls day out.

I'm a good sister.