Chapter Twenty-Seven

𝑷𝒉𝒐𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒙

'𝐢 𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬
𝐢𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐭
𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲
𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐭'•𝐭𝐞𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐚 𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐫 & 𝐤𝐞𝐡𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐢

Sometimes I feel like I just wanna drown myself in the ocean. Never see the light of day again. The night sky with stars shining bright on you. The city lights. But I'm through with that. This life ain't me.

My sister don't wanna be bother with me anymore. She really called me a bitch and left the condo with a bag never coming back. It's the next day and I'm so scared that she was abducted or killed. California is dangerous.

"Heard anything from Penelope?"meech ask as he flop down on the couch next to me. He placed my polish feet on his lap massaging them.

I shook my head no not trying to think about Penelope leaving. "She haven't called or texted"I mumble looking at my phone then throwing it on the couch. "I'm fucking tired of this bull..."

"You said that a hundred times. Stop worrying your nerves"meech acknowledged. "She'll be back and if she ain't back then we'll call the police for a missing child"

"Okay"I sigh heavily letting go. "I sorry, I'm an emotional person"I chuckle.

"You pregnant. That's why"meech laugh. "I think we should do something fun today and forget about all the shit that happening to us"

"That sounds like a great idea. Haven't been like out out inna while"I smiled rubbing my stomach. "Plus we're hungry"

Meech bust out laughing getting up from the couch. I watch him walk off to his room so I guess he can change. I check my phone one last time and still no text or call. I should just leave her alone and go on bout my day.

𝑳𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

"Wait!! Wait!! I'm not ready"I stopped meech as he tried to throw me in the ocean. My hair wasn't put up, I still had my pants on that flare out at the bottom with my bikini top.

"Baby you had 5 minutes to get ready" meech laughed.

"Ight Ight. Lemme get myself together"I panted. Meech had a hold of my arm so I wouldn't run off but I already have a plan in mind. "I have to fix my hair"

"Hurry up"meech watched me tied up my hair getting myself ready. "You done?"

"Yes I'm do..."before I can finish meech picked me up carrying me to the ocean. I just kept screaming and hollering cause I don't wanna get wet today. "Wait!! Put me down!!"

"I will" meech drop me right in the water as it splashed all on my body and the back of hair. "Needed to cool down"he laughed uncontrollably.

"Okay I gotcha"i nodded my head then proceeded to splash water onto him. He ran out the water back to the sand where our stuff was. I made my way back all out of breath. "I fucking hate what you did"

"You'll be alright"meech laid down on the beach blanket. "What you thinking about doing as far as making money? Cause I know once this baby is here, she or he will be loved and spoiled"

"I was a model and designer. But then stop once my stripping job took control of my life"I explained. "I hated that for me cause I could of done a lot for the fashion industry. I had superstars liking my clothes and liking pictures of me modeling it"

"Mmmmmm so you was popular"meech snorted.

"Why I feel like you don't believe me?"I tilt my head looking at him.

"I do but it's the fact that you left fashion alone to be a stripper"meech testified.

"Rent needed to paid"—"And I was also taking care my sister cause Zack wasn't always there"—"I had to tell Penelope to get a job herself"

"Designing clothes would of paid bills too"meech protested.

"I know but I fucked up"I gave him a fake smile. We continue talking about other shit that didn't even involve the baby, me, or him. Just talked about life and what exists outside our planet.

We finally made it back to the condo in high spirits after leaving the beach and in & out burger. I felt happy again that we finally get to spend time with each other fully. Meech unlocked the door hearing the tv and living room lights shining bright.

"P? That's you?"meech ask shutting the door behind me.

"Yeah it's me"Penelope called out. "How was y'all date?"

"Where the fuck you been?! I was worried about you!!"i fumed.

"Look I came back to you alright"Penelope warned. "I need to talk to y'all about something"

"It better not be about Zack and Zoe"meech sat on the couch next to Penelope.

"Hell no. Never them"Penelope retorted. "It's about this move to South Carolina"

"We talked about it P. I'm happy for you and I acknowledge you to go"I finally spoke out. Penelope stared at me with tears in her eyes. "I can't hold onto you any longer. You are not a baby anymore and I have my own to raise sooo, I'm letting you go to aunt Pam"I sniffle.

"Funny how you say 'own to raise' cause I have my own as well. I'm pregnant"Penelope smiled a bit waiting for our reaction. "Don't worry about me flying out to Carolina cause I, well we, we decided to just drive to Carolina and get us an apartment"

Oh my fucking "god"I let out. "Holy shit you're pregnant!!"I smiled. I got up from the couch hugging her tightly. I really don't wanna let her go. She's the only person I have left including my baby.

"Awwww group hug"meech came in hugging us making Penelope laugh.

As we was having a family bond, somebody started knocking at the door. "I'll get it"Penelope left from the living room going to the front door.

"Damn I can't believe somebody shot P club up"meech joked.

"Shut up"i playfully pushed him. "P who is it?!"

"Hello Phoenix"

_______________________________

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟐 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬.