Chapter Twenty-Nine

𝑷𝒉𝒐𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒙

The next morning felt a bit strange. Meech wasn't home and of course Penelope was at her boyfriend/ baby daddy house. That leaves me home alone.

I hop up from the bed stretching my arms out yawning loudly. The sun hit me from the back as birds pass the window. My foot tickle from touching the blue furry rug next to the bed.

I quickly made my way to the bathroom sitting on the toilet. The sound of me peeing echo the bathroom till it start dripping and stop. I wipe myself off making my way to the shower turning it on to hot.

I walk back to the bed grabbing my phone looking into the notifications. One stuck out the most which was the results of the paternity test. I drop my phone not wanting to read it. Ima just wait till meech get back.

I took off my gown and panties hopping into the shower. I stood in the shower in pain for a bit. I felt on my stomach looking down seeing blood dripping down onto the shower floor. Panic took over as the pain got worse and worse. I screamed the top of my lungs for help sliding down the wall seeing the blood coming out. I cried for 10 minutes then it went straight black.

𝑴𝒆𝒆𝒄𝒉

I woke up with coffee and donuts on my mind. Phoenix was sound asleep under the covers. It was kinda cold in the room. But I like it that way.

I went to the bathroom so I can do my hygienes and leave out without waking phoenix up. After getting myself together, I made my way out the front door to the hallway making my way to the elevator.

I made my way through the lobby seeing my car pulling up. The valet guy hop out my lambo trunk handing me the keys. I hop in taking off from the condo. I pulled up to Starbucks parking lot, parking my truck in a spot. I hop out the truck locking it right behind me.

"Welcome to Starbucks"I heard the lady say behind the counter. "What can I get you?"

"Uhhhhhhhh"I scanned the menu looking for something tasty. "Can I get a caramel macchiato with a blueberry muffin"

"Sure. Anything else?"the lady ask.

"Nah that's it"I shook my head pulling out my card. I paid for my macchiato and muffin then took a seat by the window. I pulled out my phone checking on some stuff about BMF new season. Hopefully this can be the last cause I wanna work on some new shit and get out there more. Not be stuck as a BMF star. Acting startin to grow on me.

As I clicked on some pictures, an email pop up on my screen. "Is this the..."paternity test. I smiled happily clicking it without hesitation. I scan through it reading the words one by one till I got to the bottom. "100%..."

Damn

𝑷𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒑𝒆

"Babe I'll be right back. Just going get some more clothes from the condo"I kissed Eric forehead as he played the game in silence. I walk to the doorframe turning back to him. "You heard me?!"

"Babe yeah. Hurry and be careful"he responded back still not taking his eyes off the screen. I quietly made my way out the door so I wouldn't wake up his dad who just got off work.

Once I hop in Eric car switching it on, the A/C blasted onto my face. "God it's fucking hot in here"I sigh heavily. I grab my phone from my telfar bag unlocking it so I can call Phoenix to see what she was doing and if she want something from Waffle House. I show do.

"Hey. Can't come to the phone right now, leave a message"

Thats weird. It went straight to voicemail. I shrugged my shoulders dropping my phone on the seat as I drove off from Eric house.

I picked up our food from Waffle House happy as fuck and made my way to the condominium. The walk to the condo door felt far but i know it's because my pregnancy. I'm not even 15 weeks yet and I'm getting tired.

I open the front door not hearing a sound coming from the back. "Phoenix!!"I yelled out. No answer. "Meech!!"

Nothing. Is they even here? I placed the food on the counter taking slow steps to their bedroom. I open the room door seeing the bathroom light on and Phoenix phone on the bed blowing up. I stared at the screen seeing a text from meech, Zoe, and Zack ass.

"Phoenix say something you're scaring me!"i creep inside the bathroom hearing the shower run. Once I turned that corner seeing blood flowing out the shower and Phoenix laying on the shower floor, I screamed like hell.

I covered my mouth then ran to her turning the shower off. "P-Phoenix please answer me"I moved her hair out the way rubbing her cheeks.

𝑷𝒉𝒐𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒙

Machines all around me. Noises booming in my head. I tried to move my legs but it hurt so bad down there. I open my eyes seeing Penelope crying next to me.

"P"my voice crook. She gasp loudly grabbing my hand smiling like my mother. "What happened?"I felt on my stomach not feeling my bump anymore. "What happened?!!"I cried.

"Phoenix..."Penelope swallowed her saliva. "You had a miscarriage"

My heart drop to my ass. I cover my chest looking at the blinds feeling the tears running down my face. I sniffle a bit mad that I didn't get to keep my baby. Why god is treating me this way?!! I prayed for a healthy baby but I got a dead baby.

Meech walk in the room looking down. "Penelope give us a minute"I mumbled. She nodded her head walking out closing the door. "Meech I'm sorry...."

"Don't be"he shook his head. "It wasn't mines"

".....what?"I looked at him confuse.

"I saw the paternity test on my email and it says 100% for Zack. So basically Zack and you lost the baby"I don't if I should be happy or sad. It was for Zack. But I lost his baby. Is this god helping me?

"Oh my god"I felt on my forehead breathing in and out.

"What's wrong?"he ask.

"I lost Zack's baby"I answered. "I don't know if I should be upset or happy"

"Both"—"Upset you lost your first baby and happy you don't have to spend 18 years with Zack"meech grinned.

"It's not funny but it is"I shook my head. "Fuck"

"What's next after this?"

That question caught me off guard. I don't know what to do after this. Maybe moving away from California will help out significantly. And I think that's my next move. Get the fuck away from here.