Chapter 14

"Poppysong!"

Frostwind bounded over toward the deputy once she spotted her. Frostwind slowed as she spotted Breezeflight and Wasppaw beside her, looking anxious while Poppysong looked worried.

"Frostwind!" Poppysong exclaimed, touching noses with her. "Where were you? You were hunting right? Where's your prey?"

"I couldn't find any," Frostwind confessed, but before Poppysong could say anything, Frostwind dipped her head. "I tried my best, but...I spotted Strikefang and Stonestream with a WindClan warrior on our territory!"

Poppysong blinked at her, confused. "Are you sure it's not just a ThunderClan warrior?" Poppysong asked quickly, glancing at Breezeflight. "Warriors can get confused if-"

"It was Featherhawk!" Frostwind insisted, interrupting her. "They were talking about a decision then I heard something! Strikefang is going to lure a fox into camp!"

Poppysong looked shocked before shaking her head. "I know you don't like Strikefang, but this is going too far," Poppysong began softly. "This is a serious matter, Frostwind."

"I know what I saw," Frostwind meowed hastily, trying to keep herself not to retort at the deputy. "Father, will you back me up? I told you my suspicions before."

Breezeflight tipped his head. "I think what Frostwind is saying is true," he told Poppysong earnestly. "While I was in the medicine cats' den, she told me everything. She saw somethings that others didn't."

Breezeflight began telling Poppysong everything that Frostwind had told him. Frostwind hung back and stayed beside Wasppaw while they discussed.

"Is what your saying true?" Wasppaw asked quietly from beside her.

Frostwind turned her head to look at Wasppaw. "Yes," she confirmed then narrowed her eyes in suspicion. "Do you have anything to do with it?"

Wasppaw immediately shook his head. "I thought Strikefang actually wanted us to stay here," Wasppaw explained quietly. "And I really like you guys as well. My mother...have told me some stuff, but I shrugged it off."

"What did she tell you?" Frostwind demanded, looking curious.

Wasppaw shrugged. "Just that big things are going to happen and that I should stay away from you guys," Wasppaw answered slowly. "I should stay with my own kin and be careful."

Frostwind looked outraged. "We're not doing anything bad! They are!" Frostwind exclaimed in disbelief. "I bet Beepelt, your mother is involved with this!"

Wasppaw lowered his head. "My mother is probably just following Strikefang," Wasppaw growled softly. "Don't blame my mother for anything or me and Newtpaw will deal with you."

Frostwind's eyes widened in surprise and before she could reply, Poppysong and Breezeflight padded up to them.

"I will discuss this with Cottonstar," Poppysong told Frostwind curtly. "And I'll have to speak with Feathertuft for confirmation, but thanks for bringing this to my attention."

Frostwind dipped her head respectfully before sighing. "I didn't get any prey. Should I see if I could catch one?"

"If you already looked around and there's none, it's not worth it," Poppysong replied coolly then shook out her snowy fur. "We better get back to camp. Frostwind...you did well as a patrol leader." Beside her, Breezeflight nodded in approval.

Frostwind quickly bowed her head, but her eyes glowed with pride. I promise to be a loyal warrior! Frostwind thought silently to herself as she followed the rest of the patrol back to camp after picking up their prey.