A Love That Binds Through Time

As the message plays, Mayu is transported back in time to 17 years ago, 1771. In this disorienting moment, she found herself standing next to a mysterious white capsule, which held an infant inside. It didn't take long for Mayu to realize that the infant was none other than herself. The surroundings were bathed in the blinding lights and clamor of a bustling laboratory, and there, in front of her, sat a man. A man none other than her father, Junji Harada.

Mayu's heart surged with emotions as she extended her hand towards her father, hoping to touch him and connect with the past. Yet, to her dismay, her hand passed through him, shattering the fact that she was truly present in that moment. She recoiled, taking a step back as Junji picked up a recorder and initiated his message.

"It's the year 1771 in the month of December. The date is 21 and the time is approximately 6:54 PM . . Meaning the meteor strikes us in 32 minutes if I'm not wrong. That isn't a lot of time for me to say what I want to but I'll try to use it.

This is Junji Harada, I'm a scientist from Tekan and I have dedicated my whole life to studying the cosmos. I have always been fascinated by the mysteries of the universe, and I have spent countless hours researching and experimenting in the hopes of unlocking its secrets.

Tekan, the world I inhabit, is truly extraordinary. It surpasses Sekai in many aspects, be it the stunning landscapes, the vibrant communities, or the remarkable individuals who call it home. In Tekan, our dimension operates in a peculiar manner. It requires at least one source of life to sustain its existence and function optimally. Although this fact may not have concerned anyone until now for it is worth acknowledging that there are millions of us thriving here.

Throughout my scientific journey, I encountered numerous breakthroughs but was equally confronted with setbacks and obstacles. I faced challenges and experienced failures, yet I never allowed himself to surrender to defeat."

Junji takes a look at the clock

"The meteor strike is now just 30 minutes away," he announced, realizing the need to swiftly convey his message. "I don't want to waste it anymore boasting about all this so I'll start right away to my point." Setting aside any further self-revelation, he shifted his focus to the person he held dear.

"Hello, Mayu," he addressed her, his voice carrying a mix of steadiness and sorrow.

"It's your father speaking. I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself there and tell you a little bit about myself.

Junji paused for a moment, taking a deep breath. "I hope this message finds you well, my dear. I want you to know that I wish I could've been there to see you grow up, to watch you become the amazing woman I know you will be. But I know that you're strong and capable, and I have faith that you will be able to face whatever challenges that come your way. I want you to always remember the love that I have for you, and to always keep your head up and your eyes on the stars."

Junji paused, allowing his emotions to settle, before continuing with a deep breath. "My dear Mayu, I understand that you are likely listening to this message in an unexpected moment. It is my duty as your father to unveil the truth about your past and answer the questions that must be flooding your mind."

This letter will specifically open up to you on your 18th birthday. A time I believe is the right moment for me to open up to you about everything. I know you might have felt abandoned and left out for all your life but I had no choice, Mayu. What I did, I did it to protect you and with my heavy heart, left you here alone.

I have none but myself to blame for the circumstances we find ourselves in. Soon after your birth, a meteor set on a collision course with our dimension became an imminent threat. It was a fate we could not escape, and everyone was aware of it. As the sole scientist of my time, the burden fell on me to save Tekan. I became the hero in the eyes of our people.