Ethereal Identity

Sekai, 9:43 PM

As Akio laid down on his bed, he closed his eyes and tried to clear his mind. But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't shake the image that had been haunting him for the past few days.

"Maybe a good sleep would help", he said as he closed his eyes but as soon as he does, he stumbled upon a strange land unlike any he had ever seen before. The air was thick with the sweet aroma of blooming flowers and freshly cut grass. It was a scent that was both familiar and foreign to him, stirring up a sense of nostalgia deep within his soul. He didn't say a word or question anything, only took in the beautiful environment that surrounded him.

As he walked, he noticed that the grass beneath his feet felt soft and plush, almost as if he was walking on a bed of feathers. The sky was a deep shade of blue, and the sun hung low on the horizon, casting a warm golden light that illuminated everything in sight.

In the distance, he could see mountains rising up in the distance, their peaks shrouded in a blanket of clouds. A nearby river flowed gently, its crystal-clear waters reflecting the sunlight like a million diamonds.

Akio was entranced by the beauty of this land, and he couldn't help but feel grateful to have stumbled upon it. As the sun began to set, he decided to lay down in the grass and watch as the sky turned from blue to purple.

In this strange, yet beautiful land, Akio found a sense of peace and wonder that he had never experienced before. And as he closed his eyes, he knew that he would never forget the feelings and sensations that he had experienced here.

As Akio stood there, taking in the beauty of the land, he heard a soft voice calling out to him. A sweet and gentle, but also playful and inviting voice.

"Hey Akio, come play with me!" she said, her voice carrying on the breeze.

Akio turned around, trying to locate the source of the voice. He saw a figure in the distance, blurry and indistinct, almost like a mirage. But as he walked closer, the figure became clearer and he could make out the outline of a girl, about his age, with long brown hair

Without a second thought, he ran towards her, feeling the grass tickle his toes as he went. As he got closer, he could see her features more clearly - her bright eyes, her rosy cheeks, and her infectious grin but his eyes wouldn't just allow him to see her face clearly.

And then soon he saw himself with her. They were running around in a field of green grass, laughing and having fun. There was no one else around, just the two of them.

She was standing in a field of grass, her bare feet sinking into the soft blades as she beckoned him over. Akio felt drawn to her, as if he had known her for years even though they had just met.

They tumbled and rolled, playing tag and chasing each other around, and for a moment, Akio felt like a child again. He felt like he was living in a dream, a perfect moment of pure joy and happiness.

As the sun began to set and the sky turned pink and orange, the girl stopped running and turned to face Akio.

"Thanks for playing with me," she said, her smile still bright.

As the girl was about to disappear into the grass, Akio called out to her.

"Wait," Akio called out, as the girl began to fade away. "Who are you? What's your name?"

The girl turned and smiled at him, her face a blur of light and shadow. "You don't need to know my name," she said softly. "We already know each other, Akio.  All you have to do is look harder to find me."

As the girl's voice faded away, she too began to disappear, like a wisp of smoke in the wind. Akio felt a pang of sadness in his heart as he slowly started to fade away too.