Our Last Touch

Tekan

As the radiant sun cast its warm golden glow over the enchanting realm of Tekan, Akio and Mayu found themselves amidst the beauty of nature, engrossed in the task of decorating the lush grass with beatiful flowers.

With a sense of awe, Mayu admired Akio's handiwork, her eyes gleaming with appreciation. "These flowers look absolutely amazing," she exclaimed, her voice filled with genuine admiration.

A modest blush colored Akio's cheeks as he graciously accepted the compliment. "Thank you," he replied, his voice tinged with a warm sense of pride. "But I must say, you've done a fantastic job with the daisies and lilies as well. They look so fresh and vibrant."

Mayu blushed in response to his praise, her heart swelling with a mixture of joy and bashfulness. "Thank you, Akio," she murmured softly, a gentle smile gracing her lips.

However, amidst the picturesque scene and the gentle breeze that caressed their cheeks, the sparkle in Mayu's eyes slowly faded, giving way to a tinge of unease that crept into her expression. Sensing her unease, Akio inquired, his voice filled with genuine concern, "What's wrong, Mayu?"

Timidly, Mayu voiced her fears, her words tinged with a mixture of fear and excitement. "I-I'm just scared, Akio. I've never been to Sekai before," she stammered, her gaze meeting his with a blend of trepidation and anticipation. "I've spent my entire life in Tekan, over seventeen years, surrounded by familiar beauty. I've grown accustomed to decorating flowers, admiring the scenery, watching the sunset, and gazing at the stars. The thought of stepping into something unknown, trying something new and venturing beyond Tekan... It fills me with fear and uncertainty."

Akio's warm smile transformed into an assuring one as he reached out to grasp Mayu's hand gently. "Don't worry, Mayu," he reassured her, his voice infused with a soothing tone. "I'll be by your side, guiding you through every step of the way. It's natural to feel apprehensive about experiencing something entirely new, but I promise you, the wonders of Sekai are worth the journey. There's a whole world out there, waiting to be explored, filled with breathtaking sights and remarkable people."

Mayu hesitated for a moment, her eyes searching Akio's face for solace and reassurance. "I have so much to learn about the world outside Tekan," she admitted, her voice tinged with curiosity and vulnerability. "Could you tell me more about it?"

Akio's expression turned slightly solemn, a flicker of melancholy passing through his eyes. "Certainly," he replied, his voice laced with a mix of contemplation and nostalgia. "The world beyond Tekan is vast and teeming with diversity. Yet, I must warn you, it can be overwhelming for someone who has known only the serene embrace of this realm."

Mayu's eyes widened, her curiosity piqued. "Why would it be overwhelming?" she inquired, her voice tinged with both trepidation and intrigue.

Akio sighed softly, a hint of sadness lingering in his voice. "In Sekai, there are countless things that we often take for granted," he explained. "For instance, fireworks. Have you ever witnessed the splendor of fireworks?"

Mayu shook her head, her eyes wide with innocence. "No, I haven't. What are they?"

A tender smile played upon Akio's lips as his gaze drifted upward, fixing upon the boundless expanse of the sky. "Fireworks," Akio began, his voice filled with a sense of wonder, "..are mesmerizing displays of light and sound. They are bursts of vibrant colors that paint the night sky, accompanied by a symphony of crackling and booming sounds. People set them off during special occasions or celebrations, illuminating the darkness and evoking a sense of joy and awe."

Mayu's eyes widened in awe as she imagined the breathtaking spectacle Akio described. "That sounds absolutely incredible, Akio," she exclaimed, her voice filled with excitement. "I can't even imagine how beautiful it must be to witness such a display."