A Piece Of Me, To You

Sekai, 1 Month Later

A month had passed since Akio's untimely departure, and as the sun rose over the city of Tokyo, casting a golden glow upon its bustling streets, a quiet serenity settled upon a cemetery. Three figures, bound by grief and love, stood in solemn silence before the memorial tombstone of Akio Takahashi.

Yukino, Toshiro, and Mayu, each carrying a bouquet of vibrant flowers, took turns placing their offerings at the base of the stone. Toshiro, his eyes glistening with unshed tears, approached the tombstone first. He carefully placed his bouquet of flowers, a mix of vibrant colors, symbolizing the vitality that Akio had brought into his life. Toshiro spoke softly, his voice filled with a blend of gratitude and sorrow.

"A bastard," he whispered, his voice carried by the gentle breeze. "You're a bastard for leaving without notice Akio. Your absence is felt every single day. The void you left behind is overwhelming, and I find myself yearning for your presence once more.
I wish I could've had the chance to beat you in a bicycle race one last time, just to prove that I could. But beyond that, what I truly desire is to see you again, to hear your witty talks and witness your infectious spirit. Thank you. For everything you've done for me, for being my friend. My world sure will feel empty without you Akio. I miss you."

Toshiro slowly rose to his feet, taking a step back to give space for Yukino. She approached the tombstone with a graceful stride, her eyes filled with a mixture of reverence and melancholy. Tenderly, she placed her bouquet beside Toshiro's flowers, the delicate blossoms adding a touch of elegance to the somber scene.

"Thank you, Akio," Yukino murmured, her voice tinged with a wistful sadness. "For being a part of my life, for the laughter and the memories we shared. Without you, my world would've been gray, devoid of joy. From the day we first met as wide-eyed kids, to the day you took me to see the dazzling fireworks that painted the night sky, our journey together has been filled with beautiful moments. Today, as I stand before your memorial, I want to express my heartfelt gratitude for every single memory we shared. I will miss you every single day. You don't have to worry about Mayu anymore. She's one of ours now and Toshiro and I.. we're going to try our best to give her the life that you would've wanted her to have. Thank you Akio.. We love you."

As Yukino stood up, it was Mayu's turn. She approached the tombstone, clutching a bouquet of flowers that she took from Tekan. Mayu's eyes shimmered with tears as she placed the flowers down, their scent mingling with the air.

Taking out a small notebook and a pen, Mayu turned to Toshiro and Yukino. "I.... I wanted to write a letter to Akio," she explained, her voice filled with purpose.

Toshiro and Yukino, understanding the significance of this moment, quietly stepped back, giving Mayu the space she needed.

"We'll be waiting for you near the river, Mayu," Yukino said gently, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Take your time."

With that, Toshiro and Yukino slowly made their way toward the river, their bicycles in tow, leaving Mayu alone with the tombstone. She sat down beside it, the pen poised above the paper.

"My dearest Akio,

How are you? I find myself asking the question with uncertainty of whether this letter will ever reach you but I hope it does. Time slipped through my fingers so swiftly that there was scarcely enough opportunity for me to express my true emotions. Nevertheless, in this moment, as I sit before your tombstone, I hope that wherever you may be, a sense of contentment and happiness surrounds you. That is my sincerest wish for you.