A Promise Through the Ashes

Tekan

As she devoured each word, her heart sank as the horrors of her past came to light and Mayu was slowly transported back into the present time in Tekan.
Mayu's emotions were overwhelming. She had been searching for answers for so long, and now she finally had them. She was happy to know that she had a family out there and was filled was filled with emotions, happy to finally have the truth she had been seeking but also broken and saddened by the painful truth of her past.

Mayu felt her legs give out from under her and she fell to her knees in the grass. Tears streamed down her face as she struggled to process the message she had just received.

"Mayu!" Akio returned but saw Mayu lying on the ground. He rushed to Mayu's side, his gaze fixed on her and knelt down beside her, "Mayu, are you okay? What happened?"

Mayu tried to speak but her voice was so weak and raspy making it hard for Akio to understand her. He could see the pain etched on her face and the tears streaming down her cheeks, and he knew that something was wrong and knew it had something to do with the capsule.

"This goddamn capsule!" Akio stood up and out of frustration, kicked the capsule as hard as he could. He knelt down again and took her hand in his, "Don't worry Mayu. Just rest. I'm here now." Akio said as Mayu slowly drifted her eyes off and fell unconscious.

Sekai, 9:23 AM

"Toshiro! Toshiro!"

Yukino stood outside Toshiro's apartment, her arms crossed and a scowl etched across her face. She called out his name with urgency, hoping to catch his attention.

Toshiro, engrossed in his final exam preparations, was startled by Yukino's voice. Hastily setting aside his textbook, he opened the window, narrowing his eyes upon seeing her standing outside.

"What do you want, Yukino?" Toshiro inquired, his tone tinged with irritation.

"I want you to come out here and talk to me," she replied, her voice laced with a hint of pouting.

"I'm busy studying for my finals," Toshiro retorted. "I can't afford to be distracted right now, especially by someone like you."

"So you've already decided to abandon Akio in a coma," Yukino shot back, her annoyance palpable.

Toshiro's expression darkened, and he took a step closer to the window. "Abandon Akio? Just because I haven't visited for two days, you think I've abandoned him?"

Yukino seemed to ignore Toshiro's response. "Whatever you say is irrelevant. Now get down here; let's go to the hospital before I tell your dad about those magazines."

Toshiro groaned in exasperation. "You son of a... Fine, I'll go." Succumbing to defeat, he hastily placed his books down and joined Yukino on their way to the hospital.

As Toshiro and Yukino walked through the bustling streets of Kyoto on that beautiful sunny day, the vibrant cityscape seemed to fade into the background, overshadowed by their conversation. "How is he doing now?" Toshiro inquired, concern etched on his face.

Yukino smiled and gazed up at the clear blue sky. "He's doing better, Toshiro. I truly believe he's going to wake up next week."

Toshiro nodded, though a trace of skepticism lingered in his eyes. "I know you're optimistic, but no one can predict when someone will emerge from a coma. It's a waiting game at this point."

Yukino nodded in agreement. "I understand that, but is it wrong to hold onto a glimmer of hope? I just want him to be okay."

As they continued their journey, Toshiro noticed a newly opened café near the hospital. "Hey, why don't we try that new café? I've heard their coffee is exceptional."