Raining Questions

It had been pouring for the entire six hours of the plane ride. Not that Alejandro minded, as he was comfortable in first class. He was receiving a cucumber facial while listening to his teammates. D.J. accompanied them, having tied for first last challenge. He held a fishbowl with his precious painted Irene, the cod. Alejandro felt bad for so easily deceiving him but not bad enough to stop. 'Anything for the million.'

Alejandro had fled Owen and Noah debating Izzy's merits and gotten up to speak with Chris. He had just entered the cabin and strolled past the cast when Alejandro tailed him. "Uh D.J. is the only remaining member of Team Victory but we're prepared to welcome him as a full-time member of our time, if you'll allow it." Alejandro batted his eyelashes. 'Perhaps it'll work on Chris just like Chef. Besides, Sierra and Izzy got to switch so why not allow this?'

"Looking for a numbers advantage over Team Amazon, eh? No dice." Chris saw right through Alejandro's act and kept walking. Alejandro hounded him further. "What if D.J. chooses to switch teams like Sierra and Izzy did in Egypt?" Chris was not persuaded. "No more swaps, and that's final." He held up his hand, stopping Alejandro from begging him anymore. Then, D.J. and Irene walked up. "It's okay Al," Alejandro cringed at his words. "The teams are probably gonna merge soon anyways."

Chris put that idea to bed. "Wrong, convo over, Chris out." Then he rolled his eyes and proceeded to the cockpit.

Alejandro noticeably stiffened. D.J. put his hand on Alejandro's shoulder. This only made him more upset but D.J. continued anyway. "Thanks to my curse being lifted, I'm safe. I'll survive." As he walked away, Alejandro frowned. 'But will I survive?'

-------------

Heather didn't sleep the night before. She couldn't shut her mind off from imagining all the ways Alejandro has outwitted her. 'I was the reigning champ! Nobody was meaner or more ruthless than me. Now he's here messing everything up. If I'm not the mean one, who am I?' Her insecurities combined with the stormy weather made her restless. She tossed and turned in the economy section. Eventually, she gave up on sleep and decided to continue writing in her notebook. She had every elimination in order, every challenge, and every time Alejandro messed with the game. What she didn't have is what this all meant.

A drop of rain landed on the page in front of her. Heather was being rained on from the leaky roof. She couldn't help but complain. "Ugh! This is awful! I bet Alejandro's in there right now making D.J. feel welcome! That jerk." Her teammates ignored her grumpy attitude. Instead, they perked up at the sound of Chris on the loudspeaker. "Attention contestants," They all held their breath waiting for the next part of his sentence, "Aaaaaaaaahhhh!" Chris' screams filled their ears. Heather's stomach dropped. If Chris was afraid, they were all in danger.

The cast screamed as the plane dropped in the air. The engine had completely switched off and they were hurtling through the sky. Heather wished for the safety of the water landing from yesterday. 'At least I'll look pretty drowning instead of being crushed in a plane crash.' Heather closed her eyes, gripped her notebook, and let death take her.

But it didn't. The plane landed, seeming intact. Heather nervously opened her eyes. All of her teammates were strapped in safely. Cody and Sierra were embracing until Cody noticed he was alive and pushed her away. Gwen and Courtney were wrapped in a similar hug which they exited way more awkwardly. Both blushing and looking in opposite directions. 'Gimme a break.' Heather unbuckled herself and headed to the first emergency exit she could find.

As she hopped down onto the sand, Heather noticed the tropical beach they had landed on. Then she noticed Chris and Chef arguing next to the teams. She gathered with the cast and watched the two fully grown men argue like teenagers. "You missed both the airports and it's my fault?" Chris yelled. Chef crossed his arms. "You blew all our money for the season on Chris work!" Heather dropped her jaw.