Train To Nowhere

The wreckage from the broken plane was still burning as the sun came up. Heather and Alejandro were listening to Chris' complaining. "My hottub, gone. My Italian tiles, gone. My monogrammed sneakers, gone." Heather and Alejandro raised their eyebrows, looking at one another. "What a narcissistic jerk." Heather whispered while Chris continued to list expensive lost items.

Alejandro ignored them both. "So, shall we continue the game?" Heather brushed past Alejandro's cold demeanor and spoke up. "Yeah, I agree, totally." Chris, still dejected, let out a tear. "As usual," He wiped his face clean, "You two are thinking of nothing but yourselves!" He kept listing luxurious items lost to the fire.

Cody called from afar. "Could I get some help over here?" He was trying to sort through the debris and pull Sierra to safety. Eventually, he managed to haul her up and walk her to the group. She chatted gleefully, not letting her injured state affect her time with Cody. "I'm fantastic, really. Except for my left wrist, right earlobe, scalp, and both ankles!"

Heather felt a strange feeling in her stomach. Similar to nausea, it was a new feeling that rotted her from the inside. 'Is this...pity?' She couldn't tear her eyes away from Sierra's bald head and bruised knees. As Cody clumsily dropped Sierra to the ground, Heather knew what she had to do. She searched through the wreckage until she found a wheelchair and Sierra's headdress from Easter Island. It was hard work moving the broken pieces of the plane mixed with luggage and wild animals but Heather had a lot of built up strength at this point.

She wheeled the chair over. "Here. Maybe these will help." Cody lifted Sierra into the wheelchair while Heather placed the headdress on Sierra's head. She adjusted it and looked up. "Does it look okay?" Heather looked into her wide and hopeful brown eyes. "Gorgeous." She lied while giving Sierra a thumbs up. Sierra smiled and the bad feeling in Heather's stomach dissipated. 'Huh that's weird. Being nice actually made me feel better?'

Alejandro's stare caught her attention. His arms were crossed and his brows were furrowed. 'What's his problem? As far as he knows, we're allies right now.' She tilted her head questioningly. Alejandro narrowed his eyes. Both were communicating on different wavelengths and had no idea what the other was saying.

The scraping of metal against the ground interrupted their silent conversation. Chef was pushing a large metal container. Chris instantly perked up. "Hey! My emergency kit. We're saved!" He ran up to Chef, arms open. Chef went in for the hug while Chris gripped the container, kissing the metal. 'This is our host?' Heather laughed. She turned to Alejandro expecting a similar grin. She was met with his continuous icy exterior.

"Alright kids! Get ready for surf and sun! We're going to Hawaii!" The cast cheered, even Alejandro, Chef opened the container to reveal a two-seater helicopter. Their cheering stopped once they did the obvious math. "That's right! Chef flies, I supervise. You guys are competing to make it to the island first. You'll be using your wits, whatever's in the plane, and these GPS devices." He tossed the devices at the teens and hopped into the helicopter.

Heather looked at the GPS and noticed her destination was set to Tijuana Beach, right on the Mexican border. "It says we're in Middle Of Nowhere, Alberta. At least it works." She rolled her eyes and placed the GPS in her back pocket. It was then that she remembered her notepad sitting in first class with her luggage. 'Stupid!'

Chef started the helicopter and the men took off into the sky. Heather covered her face as dust sprayed at the group. Coughing, she waited for the air to clear. Then, she made a break for the plane. She searched the wrecked first class area but everything was too damaged to make out. She walked back to the group, embarrassed and upset. Sierra and Cody had just thought of searching the plane so they walked (and wheeled) off to do so. Heather approached Alejandro.