The Honeymoon Stage

Alejandro decided to eat in the cafeteria with the rest of the cast instead of in first class. Mainly because Duncan and Owen's behavior was upsetting him but also so he could see Heather. He told himself their relationship was only for the game. Despite that, he went out of his way to sit next to her. He even choked down Chef's gross leftover meatballs. Heather sat next to him in silence, ignoring everyone including her teammates.

Sierra was stuffing the meatballs down her throat while Heather looked on, disgusted. Alejandro assumed Cody was off hiding from Sierra. He ignored both Sierra and Courtney, who was giving him sad yearning looks. He paid attention to only Heather, picking at the "food" on her plate. He waited until Sierra and Courtney finally left.

"Would a lady like yourself appreciate something from first class instead of this...inedible meal?" He asked. Heather cleared her throat and replied, "Sure, if you wanna." Alejandro looked at her neutral face. Her calm demeanor confused him until she cracked a slight smile. He put his hand on her shoulder and stood up. "I'll be back, mi amor." Heather's grin widened as he left.

Seconds later he was back with a few high quality tv dinners, microwaved and ready to eat. As they ate, they chatted about the other contestants. "So," Heather started, "I think the merge is coming up, who's caught your eye right now?" Alejandro put his fork down and brushed a piece of hair behind Heather's ear. "Well, a certain lovely lady has grabbed my attention." He said sweetly. Heather giggled and then cut herself off with a cough. "Yuck! I mean alliances." She said, still grinning. Alejandro chuckled. "So do I. But if you mean others, I think perhaps Sierra and Cody could be swayed."

"Not Owen? You've been all over that piece of junk all season." Heather said.

Alejandro continued. "No he's much too useless and he has Duncan as an ally. Sierra and Cody we could play against each other. Besides who else is there? Courtney?" Alejandro laughed along with Heather. "So I take Sierra you take Cody?" Heather asked.

"Precisely. I'll keep working with the boys until the merge. Then, you and I take over. Deal?"

"Deal." Heather tossed her hair and stood up. She gave Alejandro an awkward smile and marched out of the room, her wedges clicking against the floor as she walked. Alejandro threw away their trash and retreated back to first class, his thoughts revolving around Heather's perfect smile.

-------------

Heather had trouble trying to sleep during the six hour flight. She kept tossing and turning. Her dreams were full of Alejandro but his attitude changed in each dream. He would go from loving and attentive to ruthless and conniving in an instant. When Heather woke she felt as if she was falling through the air. She opened her eyes and realized with a shock that she was.

The entire cast had been dragged while asleep to the cargo hold, placed in swan boats, and dropped out of the sky. Heather screamed along with her teammates. She looked down at Alejandro falling beneath her. Even he was wracked with fear. He locked eyes with Heather and reached for her hand. Together, they fell, unaware of where they would land.

Splash! The boats landed in water, covering the teens. Owen looked down the river where they were drifting and screamed. "W...water!" Courtney rolled her eyes. "Yes Owen, we know we're in the water." Sierra screamed and pointed in the direction Owen was looking. Heather followed Sierra's point and noticed the problem. She too stuttered out, "Wa-wa-waterfall!"