Souls don't meet by accident

Abu Dhabi GP, Final Sunday 12nd December 2021, Race

"And Max Verstappen is for the first time Champion of the World"

That's it, Lydia thought as she went through the finishing line. Her first year in Formula 1 had just been completed. She was so ready for the future. From that moment on she was officially a Ferrari driver. She was so excited for next year. 

She got out of the car, taking offl her helmet.The air hitting on her face. She took a deep breath. She went to weight herself. Some moments later her trainer getting close to her, handing her a bottle of water.
"Congrats Lydia"
"Thank you Margot".

After that she went to answer her last F1 questions for the 2021 season.
"We have Lydia Hatzi with us. So Lydia tell us how do you feel now that your first F1 season had come to an end?"
"It feels amazing honestly. Being the first woman in F1 it's an honor. I'm so excited for what's to come next"
"Oh but we do know what's to come next. Many people were shocked when the learned about your Ferrari contract. Are you excited to return back next year wearing the iconic red suit?"
"Of 'course I am. As Vettel once said 'Everybody is a Ferrari fan'. Honestly who wouldn't want to be a Ferrari driver?"
"And you are correct Lydia. We totally agree with you. And there he comes the monegasque, Ferrari driver. Number 16. Charles Leclerc." Lydia turned to look at him. Red suit on and helmet hair. His cheeks flushed from the race and lines forming on his face from the balaclava he wore not long ago. Hot.Stop it Lydia. He is your new teammate after all.

"Hello everyone" he said, standing beside her.
"Charles Leclerc how do you feel about Lydia being your new teammate?"
I personally couldn't be happier. "Great. Lydia is an excellent driver" on the other hand I don't think she wants to be my teammate "she had proven it all year. I think we will be a great team." he turned to look at her. A smile on her face. I bet she's faking it.
"How did you felt when they told you?"  "They didn't actually" a fake smile on his face. "I found out about it like everyone else did"
"Ouch.Anyway.Thank you Lydia for your time. Charles back to you now" And she left. Again. Memories flashing back at him. He watched her leave until the reporter turned to speak at him again.

After Race Party 12:49 a.m 

Charles entered the party behind Pierre. People around dancing, talking and drinking. The star of the night Max Verstappen. He went with Pierre where he was sitting, congratulating him, talking a little bit and then going towards the bar for a drink. He ordered a glass of whiskey.
"Please don't get drunk tonight"
"I won't. I promise" he took the glass on his hand, putting it inhis mouth and taking a sip from the alcoholic drink, feeling the burning sensation on his mouth.

He scanned the room. His eyes searching once more for the brunette girl. Taking another sip from the burning liquid he finally found her. Dancing with Mick Schumacher. He stared at her. She noticed him. Making eye contact with him while dancing with Mick.

They continued holding eye contact her hands now around Mick's neck. His jealousy growing more and more as the seconds passed. She just continued dancing with him as another song started playing. Her hands still around his neck. His around her waist. Laughing and dancing at the rhythm of the music.

Mick knew what Lydia was doing so he played along with it. Charles broke eye contact turning to look at Pierre. He took one last sip of the whiskey leaving it on top of the bar.

"I'm going dancing " Charles said to his best friend.
" Don't do something you'll regret later. Again"
"I won't" Charles said walking towards the dancing crowd heading straight at her.

"Lydia can we talk?" Mick turned to look at him
"Leclerc" Mick said looking at him. Mick actually liked Charles. He knew him since he was in F2. But since Mick found out what happened that night he started getting more protective towards his best friend.
"Mick it's okay" she cut him off.
"Okay. Whatever you want. I'll be right there if you need anything" he told her with a caring tone on his voice."Be careful Leclerc." Mick said, turning to look at him before leaving them. 

"So talk"she turned to look at him once her best friend left.
"I can't talk right here. The music is too loud"
"Then follow me" she said. Taking his hand, dragging him away from the crowd and into a corridor.

"I think that you can to talk now. It's quiet here. I can hear you" she said turning to look at him. She was in front of him now, looking him directly in the eyes.
"What I told you in Jeddah a week ago is true. I meant everything. For the past three weeks you are the only thing on my mind. I can't do anything without thinking about you. You are everywhere and nowhere at the same time." he told her. His voice full of emotion. And he meant every single word that he said to the brunette girl.
"Honestly Charles" she said taking a step towards him. His back touching the wall. "I got tired of this. I've been thinking about you since that night. I just can't get your picture of my mind." she said putting her hand on his cheek. Getting his face closer to hers. Their lips inches apart. Her eyes looking directly at his. Brown meeting Green. He put a strand of hair that fell on her face, behind her ear. "I want you" he whispered at her.
"Kiss me. Now" she whispered back at him. And he did. Feeling again that feeling he was craving all those weeks. A feeling only she made him feel. He couldn't explain it but it was the greatest of them all.

They kept kissing. Until they were out of breath. They broke the kiss, looking at each other. Smiling. Genuinely smiling. And they kissed again and again and again. And they laughed. They smiled.

"Kiss me again" she told him. And he pulled her in. Their lips touching again. Moving perfectly together in sync. Both of them feeling sparks as the kissed once more. They-

"Oh my god" They suddenly stopped turning to look towards the person who caught them making out just a few seconds ago. Lando Norris. A bottle of what seemed like vodka in his hand. The guy was completely wasted.
"Oh god I'm too drunk for this. Goodbye guys" he said leaving. "Have fun. But not too much fun" he said shouting as he left, giggling between his words.

"Let's get out of here." he said at her. She nodded at him, biting her lip. A huge smile plastered on her face. Her big brown eyes shining, her cheeks red and her white teeth showing through her perfect, plumped lips.

He took her hand in his, interwinding their fingers together. Pulling her into the party again and out of the dancing crowd, winking at Pierre who watched them from the bar. Moving towards the exit door he turned to look at her one last time before opening the door, getting out.

She was smiling because of him. He had finally managed to make her smile. A genuine smile. Not a fake one. His Stargirl.