I hope you stay

"I just wanted to say happy birthday" he said, a huge smile on his face.

"What are you doing here?" she responded back, closing the call, her phone still on her hand. She looked into his eyes, still in shock from his surprise.
"I told you I just wanted to say happy birthday" he responded back.
"So I'm assuming that now that you said happy birthday you are going to leave?" she said taking a step closer,looking deeper into his eyes as she did. Her lips now forming a smirk matching the teasing tone in her voice.
"No" he said "I'm here to stay for a little bit. " His voice soft and smooth like butter.
"You are not going to get rid of me easily" he continued as he took a step closer too. Their faces now inches apart. Their lips almost touching. He could smell her perfume.
"I didn't plan to" she responded back before closing the space between them and connecting their lips together. A kiss both of them craved and longed too. He wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her body closer to his, deepening the kiss. Both of them craving more. They pulled apart, breathing heavily. Their foreheads now touching.
"Maybe we should get inside" she said, looking around. 

She got inside the apartment, him following behind.
"So this is my apartment" she said moving to the side so he could get a better view of it.
"It's really beautiful"
"Thank you" she said turning around and hugging him.
"So for how long are you going to stay?" she said looking up at him with a smile on her face, not pulling away from the hug.
"I'll stay in Greece for the next 3 days"
"Why so little?" she said pouting.
"Because then I'm going to Maranello for practice. I'm assuming you are also coming."
"No. I'm not. I will go there on the 27th"

He looked into her eyes. How beautiful they looked. Her beautiful perfect brown eyes glistening while the light of the room fell on her face.

"So I guess we should make the most of these 3 days?" she said distracting him from his thoughts.
"Yes. So I actually came here straight from the airport so I didn't have time to leave my suitcase at the hotel-"
"Hotel? What hotel"
"The hotel I'm staying"
"You aren't staying in a hotel. You are going to stay here"
"But-"
"There's no buts. I stayed at your apartment last time. This time you are staying in mine"
"Lydia I don't want to cause any problems"
"Charles you haven't ever caused any problems to me" she replied back looking into his eyes.
"Lydia I-"
"Charles I'm serious. You are staying here." she said with a serious face.
"Okay. If you insist."
"Oh my god. You-" she said looking deeper into his eyes. Realizing what she was about to say she broke the hug. Both of them looking away
"Um. Okay so I guess I should give you a tour"

Last thing she showed him was the bedroom.
"So this is where you are going to stay" she said opening the door of the room. Both of them getting inside.
"And where are you going to sleep? This is your room-"
"I will sleep on the couch"
"Of course not. I will not allow that. I will sleep on the couch"
"I will not allow that. You are a guest here. I'm insisting. Now I will leave you to rest a little bit." she quickly said before rushing to get out of the room. Grabbing her arm he stopped her from going out of the room.
"Lydia" she turned to look at him, their eyes meeting.
"Stay here with me. Sleep beside me. I came here for you. I came here because-. I missed you"he said making eye contact with her.
"I missed you too." she said before grabbing his face and kissing him.
"So what are the plans for tonight?" he said pulling apart, looking at her.
"Oh. I don't have any plans really."
"It's your birthday night and you don't have any plans?"
"No because my best friend is in another country. My cousins are working tomorrow. I don't have any other friends and you were supposed to be in Monaco right now"
" Well I'm here now. Get ready Hatzi, I'm taking you out tonight."
"If you insist Leclerc."
"Go get ready"
"I will" she said starting walking out of the room.
"Charles" she said stopping at her tracks turning to look at him.
"Yes?"
"How did you find out my address?"
"That friend of yours, Daphne. She was hard to convince but after 30 minutes I convinced her to give me your address". Damn it Daphne, you little bitch. You knew everything.

Next morning
Lydia's apartment, Athens, Greece 9:28 a.m 

Lydia woke up the next morning with a smile on her face as she remembered the last night events. He came to her apartment, surprised her for her birthday and he took her out to celebrate.

They went to a really nice restaurant and then they walked around the city center. Her showing him her home town exactly like he did a few weeks ago. Then they returned back home, laying beside each other. Enjoying each other's presence. And they stayed like that until they fell asleep, in each other's arms. 

Turning to look at her side her smile immediately faded as the green-eyed man was missing. Sitting straight up and throwing quickly the covers of her she got up opening her bedroom door and getting out of the room. Walking inside the living room she turned around looking in her kitchen calming down as the man came into her view. She went towards him, hugging him from behind and catching him by surprise.

"Good morning beautiful" he said turning to look at her, smiling.
"Good morning" she said returning the smile back. "
What are you doing?" she continued.
"I'm making you birthday breakfast" he said showing the kitchen behind him.
"But my birthday was yesterday" she said laughing.
"Yes, but I wasn't here yesterday"
"Fair enough"
"Come here" he said holding her hand and guiding her towards the big table, marble counter in her kitchen.
"Sit down" he said as he turned around walking towards the counter beside the stove where he had left two plates with what he had, at least tried, to cook.

Sitting down on a stool she looked at him watching his every move. Turning around, one plate in each of his hands ,he walked towards her leaving one plate in front of her, as he sat beside her.

"It took me some time to find all the ingredients but I managed to cook you crepes."
"Oh. Crepes"
"Yes. My mother used to make us crepes on our birthday mornings when we were little. Me and my brothers always waited for them when we woke up the morning of our birthdays"
"Oh that's so nice"
"I just hope they taste good"
"At least you tried" 

And they sat there eating breakfast before they got ready to go out again. Both of them felt lucky that they had each other's company. Lydia felt lucky that this morning her house wasn't quiet. It was filled with chatting and laughter. His laugh. And Lydia couldn't stop but hope that it would stay like that. At least a little longer.