1

Today is the day I'm going to marry the love of my life.

I shut my car door behind me and step out, adjusting my skirt and fluffing my hair. I take a deep breath and smile up at his apartment building while holding a bouquet of flowers.

My heels, which were obnoxiously high, click against the concrete as I cross the street. My dark brown hair blows in the wind and my ears are met with the loud sounds coming from New York despite it being the middle of the night.

Samuel. That's the name of the boy I'm in love with. That's the name of the boy I am marrying in the morning. 

My finger presses against the button, bringing the elevator down to me at my command. I step inside and watch the doors shut, smiling widely as it began to rise.

Granted, this is an arranged marriage. Most are in this twisted and cruel world I was born into. But I still wouldn't want to get married to anybody else.

The elevator dings and I grip the flowers tighter as I cross the hallway, getting closer and closer to his room. I saw his light on through the window, so I know he's awake.

I open the door without knocking, because this is my soon-to-be husband. I shouldn't have to knock. 

My voice echoes throughout the apartment as I enter and call out, "Samuel, your wife has brought you something."

I take one step further into the apartment until I'm in the living room. At the same moment, the flowers fall from my hands and hit the floor. My heels remain in place and my glossy lips part.

Breathing heavily and moaning while a fucking ugly bitch below him moans 'oh yeah', Samuel locks eye contact with me. His eyes widen and he stops going in and out of the naked girl he was fucking on his couch. 

"B-baby!" he jumps to his feet while scrambling to grab his clothes, and my jaw clenches while I stand here. The girl below him turns her head and sees me over her shoulder before swearing under her breath and jumping toward her clothes. "W-what are you doing here, sweetheart? We weren't supposed to see each other until the morning?"

He smiles at me while pulling his pants back up and my head tilts at him. Baby, sweetheart, he acts as if he had been doing nothing wrong although the slight guilt behind his eyes told me that he knew he was fucking wrong. 

"Cheating," I almost scoffed. "It's the night before our wedding, and you're already cheating, Samuel?"

"Darling, darling, no," he denies what I just saw. He rushes over to me and tries to grab my hands, but I swat them away. 

I push my palms against his chest, sending him stumbling back into the table beside the couch. He falls into it, making it fall over and the lamp hits his body.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see the girl now changed and avoiding my eyes while trying to rush out.

But I grab her. I grab her and I push her against the wall. 

One thing, my one biggest flaw, is that I have never been able to control my anger when wronged. She breathes heavily and looks at me in fear while I spit in her face, "You disgusting bitch."

"Sabrina," Samuel speaks in a calm tone behind me, knowing how I am, knowing how I react, trying to de-escalate the situation. "Why don't you be a good girl and let her go, and you and I can talk about this."

I cringe hearing his disgusting voice that now meant nothing to me.

"Or, Samuel," I look over my shoulder and say, continuing to keep the girl pressed against the wall. "How about I do this?"