2

"Jesus Christ," I mutter to myself. I once again begin pushing it against the grass, and once again nothing happens.

I let out a groan. The birds chirp and the sky is bright but with how irritated I am, every time I hear a bird I want to grab my gun and shoot it dead. 

"Fuck this," I say while angrily pushing my lawnmower over. It was my first time trying to cut my grass since moving, and well, I wouldn't exactly say it was a success. 

"That poor lawn mower," a voice I've never heard before says from behind me. I turn around, using my hand to shield my eyes from the bright sun. "It had so much to live for."

The voice that speaks belongs to a man. More specifically, the man that lives next to me who I hadn't met yet. His voice is kind. One of those voices where you know the person behind it is nicer than most. 

He had opened his front window and was now leaning forward on his windowsill. His palms pressed against the white wood revealing his large and tattooed forearms. His white t-shirt blew from the wind, and so did his black hair. His blue eyes stared at me and my assaulted lawn mower. 

"It was broken or something," I glance at it.

"Hm," he hums as if he didn't believe that. He tilts his head. "Did you charge it?"

I bite the inside of my mouth.

"That's what I thought," he slowly smiles.

"Well, if you know so much about it, why don't you do it for me," I call up to him, remaining standing in my yard. 

He smiles widely. Dimples and straight white teeth. 

"I don't even know your name, and you're already asking me for favors," his tone is a little sarcastic. I notice his blue eyes looking me up and down while he licked his bottom lip, but I didn't say anything. 

I take a step forward so that I'm closer to his window. I introduce myself, "I'm Sabrina. And who are you, neighbor that watches me creepily?"

My words made him smile and hang his head down. 

"Wouldn't say I watch you," he lifts his head and his eyes meet mine again. "I'm Aresius. Been wondering who's the driver of that pink car."

I glance over at my driveway. Pink has always been my favorite color.

"Now you've met her, and I'm sure your world has changed for the better," I say sarcastically. 

I begin walking toward my door when he leans further out the window and calls out, "You're just going to leave your lawnmower there?"

"Yep," I call out in response before stepping into my house and shutting the door. 

I let out a sigh. I kick my shoes off before heading upstairs to take a shower.

I take a quick one, washing my dark hair and tan skin. When I step out, I wrap a white towel around my body and dry my hair with a separate towel. 

In the steamy room, I see my phone light up with a call. The second I see it's my dad, I pick up. 

"Sabrina, I just had a meeting with Valerio," his voice comes across the phone. Anxiety settles into my stomach, feeling heavy while I wait to hear what he says. "It might have been the scariest moment of my life....but to my surprise, he accepted."

My plump lips turn up in a smile and I bite my lower lip. I walk out into my bedroom, my feet hitting the cold wood while I held the towel around me. 

I'm already imagining the dress that I'll wear in front of Samuel.