10

Bouquet of flowers in hand, I knock on Samuel's door, repeating history. Although this time, the flowers were not for romantic purposes.

"Go away, Sabrina," his voice says from the other side of the door since he probably looked through the peephole. "Marrying Valerio and killing my best friend isn't enough for you?"

"Oh come on, Samuel. Take your tampon out and open the door," I respond as if it were no big deal. I hold the flowers up closer to the hole I knew he was watching me from. "I brought you a present."

He snaps, "Go fuck yourself with your fucking flowers."

I roll my eyes. So dramatic. I drop the flowers to the ground as if they meant nothing to me and rub my hands together, dusting them off.

"I know you put that hit on me you son of a fucking bitch," I drop my fake nice act. "That was a really stupid thing to do. Don't you remember that I visited your parent's home just months ago? Maybe I should go visit Maria and Ronald again."

The mention of his parents makes his door unlock and when he swings it open I cringe at how awful he looks. Messy hair, pajamas, and bags under his eyes. His muscles also looked smaller, as if he hadn't been going to the gym, making them deplete. 

"I didn't put a hit out on you, psycho bitch," he snarls, his upper lip curling. Woah. So scary. "You aren't worth my time."

I cross my arms at him, "You are the only person that actively hates me. But for 500 million dollars? Gosh, Samuel. That price makes me blush."

I speak in a fake flirtatious tone and bite my finger. He rolls his eyes.

"As if I have 500 million to spare," he says bitterly. "Every single company is in the fucking garbage right now. So start looking elsewhere."

I didn't know if he was telling the truth, or just lying extremely well. But I don't get to ask anything else since he slams the door shut. And then locks it. 

Whatever.

I make my way back to my house. Valerio's party is tonight and I'm starting to think he should pay me for all of these appearances he's making me do. 

I stand in my kitchen, cutting up some fruit. Everything is quiet and peaceful until I hear something in my backyard. 

I drop the knife and fruit and look over my shoulder. It was a loud splash from my pool and the water that splashed out of it stained the cement around it darker. I completely turn around with my eyebrows tugging together when I see Aresius' face break the surface of the water and smile at me. 

What. The. Hell.

I walk over to the door and swing it open, stepping outside while Aresius swims casually in my pool. 

"Did you clean it recently?" he asks me. "Because it looks even better than last time."

"Why did you just jump in my pool?" I ask him while walking over to the edge and looking down at him and his wet black hair.

He shrugs, "Well, originally I was planning on fake drowning so you'd come to save me. But now I have another idea."

"Oh yea?" I tilt my head. "And what's th-"

My sentence gets cut off by him grabbing me by my ankle and pulling me into the water with him. 

Thankfully I had turned the heater on so the water was warm, but I still gasp as I break the service. 

"Aresius!" I splash him. "What the hell!"

He just smiles. He comes over to me, putting his hand on the side of my wet cheek. He says quietly, "I missed you."