11

Of course the one time I don't have my gun on me Osama Bin Laden decides to shoot up the place. 

The bullets are loud, louder than the sound of the music that plays. I duck behind the bar, being forced to listen to the sound of bullets and screams and not being able to do anything about it. 

The music and lights never stop, not even for the bullets. Either the people that operate them have fled the place, or they're lying dead on the floor.

I look around the place. I try and find somewhere I can run to - and my eyes fall onto the bathroom door.

I begin running toward the bathroom. Surely there would be a window in there I could exit out of, find a gun, then shoot this person in the head. 

As I'm running, I hear a bullet fly. It's louder than it had been the other time, telling me that it was closer. A strong body grabs me, pulling me into their chest and forcing me to duck behind a couch with them.

"Shaw?" I question, recognizing the smell of his cologne.

He grabs my face with his hand, his brown eyes looking me over with so much worry. He tells me, "That bullet was aimed at you."

I stare at him in surprise as I take in his words, the sound of the bullets never-ending. Shaw holds me near his chest, covering my head with his arm. His body was so warm, his muscles so firm, and when I see the gun poking out of his waistline I know that I have no reason to worry. 

"Where the hell is Sabrina!" I hear Valerio's voice shout. It's like an instinct to go toward him when I hear him call. I begin to move to go and find him when Shaw pulls me back.

He whispers, "If you move, they will shoot you. Valerio will be fine."

I didn't like it. Although Valerio Salamanca is a fucking asshole it hurt inside of my chest to not be able to go and find him when he called. 

"Sabrina!" Valerio shouts over the bullets again. I continue to look at Shaw. He sees on my face how badly I want to go, but he gives me a small head shake, telling me that I can't.

"We're going to run toward that door, okay?" Shaw says to me, pointing to an unmarked black door. "It's an exit door to an alleyway in the back. We'll get to the car and I'll come back in and tell Valerio."

I nod. The flashing lights were beginning to make me dizzy and the hot air in here felt suffocating. 

Shaw and I stand up at the same time. He covers my entire body with his, making sure that there wasn't a single chance a bullet could hit me. The boy that has been obsessed with me for years while I had never noticed him before shields me with his body, ready to take a bullet for me. 

I try not to jump as a bullet hits the wall directly beside us. I hold my breath the entire time until we reach the door. Shaw blocks me as I step out first, but then he quickly follows me. A bullet hits the door the second Shaw steps outside.

My shoes hit the wet concrete. I guess it had been raining for a bit. Puddles formed in the areas more sunken in than others. The low temperature cooled my skin as Shaw escorted me back to the hair with his hand on my lower back.

He opens the car door that's covered in raindrops and I get in instantly. He leans down and tells me, "I'll be back with Valerio - stay here."

I nod. I watch him as he shuts the door and walks back into the club. The anxiety inside me is very much real as I sit and wait.

I wasn't afraid for Valerio. I've heard the story of him getting shot in the chest four times and surviving. But yet, I still felt worried. 

I let out a breath of relief when I see both Shaw and Valerio exiting together. Neither of them are covered in blood, so I come to the conclusion that the person had left because neither of them would allow for them to leave alive.