14

A R E S I U S

The guy with the black hair has some stick up his ass.

He keeps glancing at me in the rearview mirror. I ignored it the first few times, but now it's becoming hard to do.

"Look at the three of us, going on a little trip together like best friends do," the brunette smiles widely. "I'm Shaw. This is Valerio."

Valerio. That's the name of the man who keeps attempting to kill me with his eyes. I look at his hands while he drives, they're tan, which isn't surprising since he is clearly mixed. I noticed the ring on his finger and nearly rolled my eyes at the sight of it.

"You should take that ring off," I speak up from the backseat, his coffee-bean-colored eyes shooting me daggers. "Don't wanna risk losing it while we're in his house, do you?"

His grip on the wheel tightens, and I smirk.

"Let's play a game," Shaw speaks while hitting his thigh. "I spy with my little eye, something that is-"

Valerio cuts him off and speaks bitterly, "No need to take the ring off. I'm pretty sure my wife likes when I wear it, anyway."

"Really?" I ask while leaning back in the seat. "Because I've heard rumors you guys are getting divorced."

He turns around to look at me even though he's driving and asks, "Did Sabrina say that?"

"I will never reveal my sources," I reply casually while looking out the window. A muscle in his jaw tightens as he turns back around. 

The next few minutes go by quietly. Until I decide to break that.

"Do you not like me because I spend more time with your wife than you do, Val?" I ask, calling him by that nickname to purposely taunt him.

He swerves the car over to the side of the road, aggressively parking in front of an apartment building before turning around and giving me the same hateful expression that I've gotten used to.

"It would do you good to shut your mouth, Reese's Pieces," he speaks angrily but keeps his voice quiet and calm. "Maybe I won't lay a hand on you since I know it would upset my wife, but I'm not above having somebody else do it for me."

The two of us stare at each other with an equal expression. The tension in the car makes it feel as if it may explode at any moment.

"Alright ladies let's kiss and make up later," Shaw speaks sarcastically while stepping out of the car.

Valerio's and my eyes remain on each other for a moment longer before we force ourselves out of the car to focus on our common goal.

I was not intimidated nor jealous by the fact that Valerio is probably with Sabrina the same way that I am. He is her husband, after all. To know they do stuff together doesn't bother me, but the thought of an outsider doing that does.

"How do you know which room is his?" I ask Shaw as we step into the elevator and he presses the button.

He smiles at me over his shoulder, "I'm not gonna answer that question, cupcake."

God, Sabrina is out of both of their leagues.

The elevator dings and the doors separate, revealing a long hallway. I follow them down it. With each step, I prepare myself to beat the shit out of this guy. Leaving him with blood covering his face while he chokes on it.