4

The tiling of the shower is fully red as I wash off the blood of the person I just assassinated. I wash it off in their own home. I wasn't worried about leaving any DNA because the gas leak I caused would make their house go up in flames in minutes.

I step out and dry my body with one of their towels. I walk through her closet as if it were my own, humming while picking out an outfit. 

I change and pull my dark hair out of the ponytail it had been in while I showered. I adjust my shirt while stepping outside of the house, and the second I do, it bursts into flames. The orange flames warm my back as I walk away, toward my car, as if nothing had just happened. 

The night was dark. I wasn't worried about being seen. I drive back to my house, tapping my finger against the steering wheel while listening to the radio. I hum along to it until I approach my house and see Aresius' car blocking my driveway slightly so that I can't pull in.

"You're fucking joking," I mutter under my breath.

I pull my car over on the side of the road and get out angrily. I didn't care that it was late at night. I stormed up to his front door and pounded my fist against it. 

I stand there, waiting, listening to the sound of crickets. I bang on his door again. 

"Your car is gonna be set on fire if it isn't moved in five seconds!" I shout through the closed door.

I go to knock on his door again when this time, it opens. Aresius stands there in nothing but joggers and the messiness of his hair told me I had woken him up.

"Now, what were you doing out so late?" he asks me with a tired voice. "Not safe at this hour."

"Move your car," I demand. "Now."

He stares down at me. I stand, arms crossed, waiting for him to go and move his freaking car before I did it for him. 

But then he smiles. He smiles and chuckles. 

"What the hell do you find so funny?" I question. 

"I'm sorry - I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh," he chuckles. He rubs his jawline and forces himself to stop laughing. "You just look cute when you're trying to be demanding."

Trying. This man has no idea the things I am capable of. I turn around and begin walking down his driveway. I hear him step out onto the porch and call out to me, "What are you doing, Sabrina?"

I start walking over to his car. I shout back without turning around, "I'll push your car out of the way then!"

My dark hair bounces as I walk quickly. I hear Aresius swear under his breath and then he quickly runs to be in front of me, blocking my way. He puts his hands on my shoulders and says gently, "Don't do that, you'll pull something or hurt yourself. I'm sorry, I'll move it."

I take a deep breath and relax. I was overreacting, something I do often. As I've said, not good at controlling my anger. 

"Okay," I nod. I gesture toward his car. "Why'd you do that, anyway?"

He smiles slightly. He slips his hand into his pocket and tells me, "It was my way of flirting with you. I knew you'd come banging on my door and I was going to invite you in."

My lips wanted to smile at his words. But instead, I said, "Well, how'd that work out for you?"

"I don't know yet," he shrugs. "Do you want to come inside?"

My head tilts and my glossy lips part at his invitation. It was something I wasn't expecting. I feel my silver hoops hit my skin. 

"Is this your way of trying to hook-up, or something?" I ask, and he starts smiling. "Because it's not very-"