13. Build Different

[Night of the job]

We see Kurosaki walking down some stairs, exiting a building. On the side behind the corner was Lucy.

|He's on the move| L

Lucy alerts David, who was waiting in his car

|Got it| D

David drives his car in the same parking lot as Kurosaki and parks next to his car.

'Go time,' David thought as the car door opened.

David stepped out of the car, then walked a few steps forward. He then glanced at JK

"Huhhhh!?"

David made an exaggerated shocked expression and excitement.

"Hey, don't tell me! You're not the Jimmi Kurosaki, are you?"

JK then turned to face David.

"Who's asking?"

"I knew it! I knew it was you! Totally! Huge fan, sir."

David then stepped a bit forward.

"You know a ripperdoc in Arroyo who pushes XBDs? I part timed with him for a while, selling your stuff!"

"Is that right?"

"Can I shake your hand?"

David said while pushing his hand toward Kurosaki, to which he stepped back.

"Sorry, hehe, I guess I'm a little starstruck."

"I have somewhere to be so if you'll . . ."

"Uhh yeah .... my bad."

Maine was now behind him, but as before, JK had an eye on the back of his head, literally.

Just as Maine was about to grab JK, he activated his EMP.

The EMP effect spread throughout the car park, and the lights went off.

David, Maine fell to the ground, Dorio and Rebecca only felt it for a second, Lucy was out off range.

The one who was hit the most was Kiwi, who had to remove her face so she could throw up

JK then took David into his car and sped off past Lucy, who was still waiting outside.

"Huh?"

She said as she saw JK's car leave the area.

Back in the car park, Dorio was now attending to Maine, who is lying on  the floor.

"Maine! Maine!"

|Where is David?| L

Dorio turned to Kiwi.

"Find him!"

Kiwi did as she was told, and Dorio turned her attention back on Maine, trying to get him to wake up.

"Come on, Maine!"

She punches him right in the face.

"Uhhh...."

She punched him again, nothing. She then punched him a third time and finally snapped him out of it.

The lights came back, and Maine was now sitting in the back of their vehicle.

"You feeling ok?"

"That son if a bitch pulled a fast one."

Lucy then came running.

"What the hell happened?"

"Their gone."

Kiwi also came back empty handed.