Things To Know About This Fanfic

Here's some things I hope you learned and know about my fanfic :)

1. Bilbo is probably Amariel's best friend. Just because they've known each other for the longest time, and Amariel just really likes Bilbo too

2. AMARIEL LOVED FILI TOO OKAY behind Bilbo, Fili was her next best friend. I know I didn't include that many scenes with Amariel and Fili, but she loves him just as much as she loves Kili, just in a different way ;)

3. Okay so Amariel's backstory:

her mother is an Elf from Rivendell originally, but she liked to travel around, and the time she went to the Shire, she met Amariel's father, and they fell in love. Later they left the Shire to travel Middle Earth, and I'm thinking that sometime in the beginning of this journey, Amariel's mother got pregnant with Amariel's brother. (I just realized that I don't have names for her parents or her brother oops) They kept traveling, and Amariel's mom (her name is going to be Aaliyah) get pregnant again, this time with Amariel, and around 8 months into the pregnancy, they were attacked by orcs near Mirkwood. (Amariel's brother is probably around 4 in human years, his name is going to be Silith) So Aaliyah, Silith, and Amariel's dad (his name is Thatcher) travel to the Woodland Realm and seek help from Thranduil, who, as you know, accepts them. They stay there, Aaliyah has Amariel, and they leave. They take Amariel back to the Shire, and leave her with Thatcher's sister and her husband, taking Silith with them, since he's older and would remember his parents and what happened. Amariel grows up in the Shire with her aunt and uncle, thinking that her parents are dead. Her aunt dies when Amariel's around 13 in human years, which leaves her with her uncle.When she's like 17-18 in human years (or considered an adult by hobbit standards) she moves into her own house. Her uncle dies a year later, and she thinks she has no family left. (Also around this time her brother dies in a battle, he's around 22 in human years) Amariel's already met Bilbo by this point, and by now they're best friends. Then when Amariel is around 20, Gandalf comes and tells her who she really is.

4. Amariel inherited more of her mother's side (more Elvish) and she is immortal, like the Elves. She'll look the way she does right now for a long, long time, so when the sequel comes and it's set during Lord of the Rings, (yes, it is, that was probably kind of obvious lol) she hasn't aged like Bilbo has. She still looks the same, so don't think she's some old person that actually falls in love with...... you'll find out ;)

5. Yes, the whole point of the story is that Amariel has dreams and so she doesn't know if she's supposed to be with Kili or not, but no matter how many dreams she had, she DID love Kili. She wasn't faking him out, she just questioned her love for him. Everyone does that at times, Amariel just had a huge reason to. You can love someone that you're not meant to love.

6. I said that Thorin was the only fatherly figure that Amariel ever had, and that's still partially true. She did have her uncle, but the fact that she didn't believe the lies that they told her about her parents deaths, she never really considered her uncle her father. So when Thorin came, and after he finally accepted her, he did become the father that she never had, just like Fili was the brother she never knew.

7. Also, since there might be some confusion on what Amariel looks like, here:
- brown/auburn, long hair
- green eyes
- height is around Thorin's height, a teeny bit taller. she could pass for hobbit, but is more dwarf height
- SHE WEARS SHOES OKAY LOL
- she has a light dusting of freckles
Honestly I really need to go back and be sure that I described her right. If you spot a place where she's described different then what's written here, please comment :)

If anyone has any questions (because this probably didn't make a lot of sense lolol) please feel free to comment! This fanfiction is now complete!

Again, I want to thank ALL of you for reading!!! It's been so much fun, and I hope you liked Torn Between! The sequel, This is the Truth is up!!

ps: Bilbo ships Kilariel :3

-gracie