10.༒𝕿𝖊𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖑𝖊༒

This night, Jacob brawled all his might. Pouring out his rage on people trying to beat him in the ring, but at least he made a lot of money in one night...

As for Y/N, she tried her best to sleep but she could not brush Jacob off her mind. She was not expecting him to come and talk to her, she really thought her relationship with him could not be saved. Seeing him awaken so much inside her, things she wanted to bury due to the pain it caused her. She wanted to let go of Jacob but staying in the same city as him, knowing that Y/N can see him every day, it was hard. She could go back in France but why would she go back to the place she ran away from? what if her parents forced her in an arranged marriage again? What if her ex-fiancée finds her?

That night, Y/N had a nightmare and barely got any rest. During breakfast, Elizabeth noticed the pale look on her friend's face and asked about it, but Y/N refused to answer her. She did not want to bother Elizabeth with her problems more than she already has.

Today, Y/N had plans to meet with Isaac and his siblings for a lesson, she promised to teach them how to read and write whenever she had time, and lucky for them, the Clinique was closed for some time considering that Elizabeth and her husband were visiting family in the countryside. So, after getting ready, Y/N immediately took a basket, putted some snacks in it, along with a bit of papers and some pens before going out, making her way to a quiet park near Lambeth church. London's streets were as normal as ever but for some reason, Y/N felt uneasy like someone was watching her, following her. Fear and panic started building inside her as she walked faster than before. At some point, Y/N took a sharp turn in alley, she decided to take a short cut but she felt even more scared as she expected more people to be out at this hour, she was practically alone.

Suddenly, she heard heavy footsteps behind her and by the sound she could tell that were at least two people. Still, she continues walking all while looking behind her just in case. After some steps which felt like the biggest effort of her life, she saw the end of it: in front of her was the main street where she would be able to see other people and less likely to get kidnap. She walked faster again, building all her courage and energy left into those last few steps, but the sound of footsteps got louder, it seemed like the persons were getting closer as well. Hearing this, Y/N decided to just run for it, risking falling because of her heavy dress and heels. She even started sweating profusely due to fear, she never felt this scared in her all life. But before she could step out into the main street, a big hand grabbed her shoulder forcing her to turn around, sadly the men did not waste any time, not giving her time to scream. The larger one put his hand on her mouth while to the other tied her hands and feet. Once done, the big brute throws her onto his shoulder, caring her like a bag of potatoes and walked in the direction opposite of the main street. With a last effort, Y/N wiggled around trying to male drop her but to no success, the man was much stronger than her and hold her tightly on his shoulder. Then, she was placed into a carriage, sitting opposite the same man who was carrying her before being driven to somewhere else...

In the meantime, Isaac was already in the park with his siblings, the kids were all playing together while Isaac watched over them as well as trying to catch a glimpse of Y/N. They wait for about 30 minutes before the little ones started to lose patience, asking their brother where the woman they were supposed to meet was. Isaac promised she will arrive soon but he was starting to get worried, he could not show it to the children though. After an hour or so, Isaac thought it was really weird, Y/N never miss an appointment and she is always on time, he was sure something happened to her. So, in case he brought back his siblings' home, apologizing for breaking the small promise he made with them about finding them a teacher, but he had to get to the bottom of this. Once he knew his siblings were safe, Isaac ran off to Elizabeth's house, knocking on the door in panic. The woman was surprise to see him here, especially since she was in the middle of packing her belongings for the trip: "Miss Peterson, 'm sorry to botha' but 'ave ya' seen Y/N?"

"Well, I did. Was she not supposed to meet with you today? Did she not show up?" Elizabeth answers with a sweet voice, a wondering expression started settling itself on her face, "Indeed, she did no'. Me sibling an' I waited fo' an hou' Miss, but she was no' here. 'm scared somethin' happened to her"

For a few seconds, Elizabeth was silent, scared for her friend and imagining all the possible things that could have happen, but also panicking as she did not know what to do. As soon as she came back to reality, she saw the worried demeanour of Isaac and breathed deeply, closing her eyes as if she was thinking then it hit her: the Frye, they would know what to do.

"The only thing we can do, Isaac, is seeking help from Ms. Frye or her brother" the boy's eyes widen upon hearing Elizabeth's idea, "wha'? Miss, we cannot trust this Frye afte' wha' he done to Y/N. Let's ask the bobbies, they will kno' wha' to do" he says while making big gestures with his arms but Elizabeth asked him to calm down and listened to her: "no we cannot, Scotland Yard does not take women's issues seriously and even if they do, they will not be as quick and efficient as the Frye twins. Plus, they both have a friend there, Sergeant Abberline I think the name was, reaching him by ourself will be harder than if Evie or Jacob does"

"wah' abou' your husband, Miss" Isaac asks as a last tentative to avoid confronting Jacob once again, "and what would he do Isaac? He would either think like I do or talk to the police. Now, stop for a second and think of Y/N, if something did happen, the quickest way to save her would be Jacob" she answers before turning her back to Isaac "Charlie! Prepare a carriage and quickly if you please" she yells at her butler, who immediately stopped taking care of the flowers in the house and run out for a carriage like she asked. Elizabeth then turned back to the young boy and smiled before saying "Onward, my boy, we have a train to catch!"

❈•≫────≪•❈

In the train, Jacob was still sleeping on the loveseat. Yesterday's night was a lot for him: putting his pride aside to talk to Y/N again, be rejected, facing the insolent brat who dares courting Y/N and be "challenged" but also brawling till he was exhausted and drinking his sorrows away. What woke him up was his sister who came into the carriage to work on important matter concerning the remaining templars in London, but also to wake her brother who has been sleeping for way too long in her opinion. Rubbing a hand on his face, Jacob cursed at his sister for her behaviour; 'shite, headache...' thought Jacob as he sat up on the red loveseat and started thinking about yesterday once again.

"So, you managed to get yourself home after all. I bet you caused trouble once more my dearest little brother" said Evie in a mocking tone, "Oh shut your trap Evie, I am having none of this today" he responds without looking at her. She just scoffed at him and turned back to her work while Jacob was still thinking. Even himself was surprised he went back to the train; he did not sleep with a prostitute that night like he would when he gets heavily drunk. But if he did, he would have pick one with the same features and body as Y/N, he could not convince himself to pick one that does not look like her.

Suddenly, two individuals entered the carriage the twins were in. As reflex, Jacob got up and pointed his gun at them, just in case but he quickly realized the people were harmless: it was Elizabeth, dressed in a white gown with gold ornaments, and Isaac. The woman was smiling brightly, even though they had a gun pointed at them. Jacob ended up putting his gun back to its original place and sighed before harbouring a welcoming smile: "Hello Ms. Peterson, what sort of affair would you have to showing up on our train with this...rowdy?"

"Well Jacob, Evie, it is quite awful but...Y/N has disappeared" she answers with a worried expression, leaving her usual smile behind. Evie suddenly stopped writing whatever she was writing and looked at her friends, her eyes widening. As for Jacob, he froze completely, his jaw tightening and started frowning as Elizabeth kept talking: "You both are the first persons we thought of, please help us" Jacob walked slowly towards her, put his right hand on her shoulder and looked down at her with the same expression: "we will help you, we will find her, now tell us everything you know"

|| Here you go! I hope you liked it, tell me if you did (and if i did any mistakes)! ||