Same Red

Once we got to our house, me and Aurielle went up to my room, so Elyse couldn't annoy us.

Aurielle's a natural at talking to people. She'll strike up a conversation with anyone. She isn't embarassed to talk to anyone.

Once we were in my room, the first thing she says to me is "You got Black Ops 2? Or Minecraft?" as she points to my xBox, and then my teeshirt.

"So you like gaming?" I can't believe this. Nice, beautiful, AND she likes video games? SCORE!

"I love gaming! I bet I can beat you in Black Ops." She looked so excited. Her eyes were glowing.

"You wish!" I turned on my radio, and the first song that comes on is Grade 8 by Ed Sheeran. I then walk over to my TV, and put in Black Ops.

"You like Ed Sheeran too? I love Ed Sheeran!" My god, have I found the girl equivilent of me?

"He's a pretty cool guy." I give Aurielle a controller, and we started on Multiplayer.

3 minutes later, and Aurielle's killed me more times than I've even gotten to move.

Ed Sheeran stops playing and it goes on to the next song-I Wanna Hold Your Hand by The Beatles. Oh gosh, this is gonna make it awkward. I get up to change the song.

"Alex, you don't need to change it. I like this song." She lets out a little smile. Does Aurielle like me?

We continued playing Black Ops, and when she won, her blonde hair hit me in the face. It was soft, it didn't hurt. We continued playing Black Ops, Aurielle beating me four out of five times. My mom called us downstairs about an hour later.

My mom made us sugar cookies, and gave us each a glass of milk.

"Aurielle, sweetie, you're eating dinner with us. Is seafood okay?" My mom asked Aurielle.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Windson, but I'm allergic to seafood." Another thing I learned about Aurielle. She has really, really good manners. Maybe it's an only child thing, but most of the popular girls at our school are only children and they're nasty.

"Oh, it's fine, Aurielle! Is chicken okay?" My mom sounded like she felt so bad for not knowing she was allergic.

"Yes, Mrs. Windson, chicken will be wonderful." Aurielle seems to have a wide vocabulary with really great grammar, because I don't think I've ever said wonderful in such a poetic sounding way.

After we finished our cookies, we went back upstairs and played more Black Ops. We got bored of Black Ops, and even though its cute when she wins, it was annoying seeing her beat me so many times. We decided to play this one game me and my cousin made up where you pick a card with a random string of words on it, then you draw it. We made some really funny cards and some really deep, serious cards. It comes out with really funny results. The first card Aurielle drew was "Llama in a can". I drew a fluffy looking thing inside a trash can, and she drew a realistic looking llama stepping into a can of beans. Aurielle was laughing her head off. Then I pulled my card. "Someone you love." Why do I always get stuck in awkward situations? We both looked at each other like "is this serious" and "holy crap did that really just happen?".

"Should we skip this card or...?" I asked Aurielle.

"Nah, it's just a game." She seemed serious about this, so I said alright and we started drawing. This was gonna be the way I tell Aurielle I like her. Instead of drawing her face, though, I drew her sweatshirt, mustache shoelaces, math equations, and a book. I also tried drawing an Ed Sheeran album cover, but that turned out horrible. To finish it off, I wrote "Aurielle Kanfold" in my best cursive.

"On the count of three..." Aurielle said. "One, two, three!" I held up the drawing. She held up hers. Hers was what seemed to be a portrait of me, so I read the handwriting next to it. Alex Windson. She likes me. She actually likes me.

"Alex..." She said, stunned at my drawing. "You like me, don't you?"

"Well...it seems you like me too..." I looked at her face, the same red it was back in math class. We looked at each other, and gave each other one of those laughs that people do in movies after they survive a tragic accident.