Hushed Tone

We sat next to each other at the dinner table. We kept looking smiling at each other.

Nothing really happened at dinner that was noteworthy. My parents asked us about school, how Aurielle's life was, the normal "friend of my child" conversation.

Then, Elyse speaks up. Well, she tried speaking the whole time, but she got cut out of the conversation.

"EVERYONE!" she shouted. "Aurielle and Alex are boyfriend and girlfriend."

"ELYSE!" I yelled at her. My mom's been so used to sending Elyse up to her room lately, all she had to do was point up and Elyse went, tutu flying in the wind of her running.

Once Elyse was finally upstairs, my parents continued speaking.

"Is that true, you guys are a...?" My mom asked us.

"Um..." I looked at Aurielle with a look of concern, not knowing whether to tell them or not. She nodded, and then whispered to me in a hushed tone.

"They'd find out somehow." I nod back.

"Well, yeah. We are a couple, now." I was really tense, not knowing what my parents were going to say. 

"Good for you two!" my dad patted me on the back.

 We were both finished our dinners, and went back up to my room.

"Did that really just happen?" Aurielle asked me.

"I think so. That was WAY smoother than I suspected that to go." I said back.

"Agreed." Aurielle was just so, comfortable, about anything. A building could fall and she would be all like, "Hmm...a building." and just walk away.

My parents must've washed those dishes really quickly, because now they call us down so we can go get frozen yogurt.